Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe is the most famous traditional chicken curry along with andhra chicken fry in the Andhra region. Its simply made with chicken and few spicy ingredients…
Regional Chicken Recipes:
- Nadan Chicken Curry Recipe
- Gongura Chicken Curry Andhra Style
- Methi Murgh Recipe
- Chicken Kurma
- Chicken Curry Recipe
- chicken liver fry
- Chicken korma hyderabadi style
- andhra chicken fry
Also check out other chicken related recipes like hyderabadi chicken 65 which works as a great snack or perfect to be made during gatherings…
I tried many chicken recipes but this stands apart as this andhra chicken curry or it is called as kodi kura in telugu lingo is very tasty and quite simple with simple ingredients that are used in everyday cooking.
Today I would like to share how to make andhra chicken curry recipe in typical andhra style. Many cook different variations of it and every variation is a must try.
I made a traditional variation of this recipe but I would also like to update other variations of it too as I continue my blogging journey.
Also check out other curry recipes on my blog which are quite popular south indian curries.
I would love to eat andhra chicken curry recipe with rice. It also goes really well with roti or paratha.
The recipe gives an aromatic flavor because of all the spicy garam masala that goes into this andhra style chicken curry. I was always longing to post this recipe on my blog for my viewers to try it out and now here I am with this authentic andhra chicken curry recipe.
I do love to get feedbacks and comments regarding this curry and would be glad enough to receive any other variations to this curry.
Let us check out the details that go into making this yummy chicken curry in andhra style which can be eaten with any rice delicacy like pulav or bagara khana too.
Recipe Details of Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe Below:
- 500 gms chicken cleaned and washed well
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 - 4 vertically slit green chillies
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds(dhaniya seeds)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 3-4 black pepper corns
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds(khus khus)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- Firstly, take a griddle or tawa, heat it add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper corns, cardamoms, dry roast all the ingredients for few minutes.
- Transfer them in a bowl.
- On the same griddle dry roast poppy seeds(khus-khus) for few seconds and allow it to cool.
- In a blender, add all the roasted ingredients along with poppy seeds and blend it into powdered form and rest it aside for later use.
- In a cooking vessel, add oil, add the sliced onions, add slit green chillies and saute slightly till the onions get transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and roast it until a change in color appears.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Add the roasted and blended powder into the curry.
- Stir and cook for about 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add beaten yogurt, stir and cook until chicken gets tender.
- Add little water if the gravy is too thick(optional).
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.