Andhra chicken fry is a spicy chicken fry recipe with all the dry spices available at home and is done in a typical south indian style which looks mouth watering and appealing and is the best chicken side dish…
Related indian chicken recipes to try out:
- Chicken kathi roll
- Chicken 65 hyderabadi style
- Andhra chicken curry
- Hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe dum method
- Methi chicken
- chicken liver fry
- chicken fried rice
After trying out andhra chicken curry I really wanted to go for andhra chicken fry recipe as the look of it is quite appealing and I have been longing to try it out for a long time.
Chicken can be stir fried in various ways but this andhra chicken fry is definitely close to me because of its spicy taste and the flavor which brings out due to the different spices that go into making it.
The spices that go into making this chicken fry are quite common and are the usual indian spices and I have made use of green chillies and curry leaves which are used basically down south to fry veggies and these tempering brings out the aroma in the dish.
Also used in the dish are chopped onions and this is an essential ingredient to bring out the perfect taste to the whole dish.
The andhra chicken fry takes in common ingredients which are very easily available in every household and in every Indian kitchen.
The chicken is stir fried in spices until it gets soft and all the spices are coated well to the chicken pieces to get the perfect taste. This chicken fry can be eaten as a side dish or a snack item or as a starter.
Other non veg collections:
Below would be the instructions how to make this delicious side dish from south indian region in south indian style…
How to make andhra chicken fry recipe:
- 500 gms medium size chicken pieces cleaned and washed well
- oil 2-3 tbsp
- 4-5 vertically slit green chillies
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 4 medium size onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- ½ tsp black pepper corn powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add green chillies and stir well.
- Add curry leaves and allow them to crackle.
- Add the finely chopped onions and saute until they turn soft and not brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute to get rid of raw smell.
- Add the chicken pieces into it and roast them well until color of the chicken changes.
- Add salt as per the taste.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted coriander seeds powder, black pepper corn powder, garam masala powder and mix everything well.
- Roast the chicken on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between to avoid burning of the masala at the bottom.
- Cover the lid and cook the chicken on sim flame until it gets soft and keep stirring and checking in between.
- Lastly, garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve hot as a side dish along with rice or roti.