Chicken 65 is one of the most popular snack and a starter recipe all across India… It is made using boneless chicken pieces marinated with some spices and deep fried.
related indian chicken recipes:
- chicken korma or chicken kurma
- chicken korma hyderabadi
- chicken pakora
- chicken liver fry
- andhra chicken fry
- chicken curry
- chicken fried rice
- chilli chicken dry and gravy
I love making various chicken dishes and this is one of the best chicken recipes to be tried. It is indeed a mouth watering chicken recipe….
Also try another snacks recipes on the blog are chicken manchurian, gobi 65 , chilli paneer dry, samosa recipe, shankarpali , mysore bonda which should be tried as I assure these are the best snacks recipes.
Chicken 65 here is made in a traditional hyderabadi version and it can be made with other variations too…
The name ‘chicken 65’ is said to be named after various reasons…
Some feel that this particular starter snack is said to be placed as the 65th item in the menu list and some say that this is a dish that belongs to chennai but, whatever the reason for the name is, it is definitely a mouth watering snack delicacy.
The recipe here is written in the recipe card format as well as shown with the help of a video procedure…
Chicken is such a wonderful non veg delicacy that it can be tried in various forms and every chicken dish is a delight to our taste buds and my blog is flooded with so many chicken recipes and shall be included with more chicken delicacies as days to come…
This recipe is marinated with dry spices, egg, corn flour, all purpose flour which is marinated for about half an hour and deep fried and then it is sauteed in curd and spices…
It gives an amazing taste if eaten by sprinkling lemon all over the chicken and also served with onions…
Curry leaves do play an important role in giving the perfect aroma to the chicken…
Chicken 65 can be made in the form of dry and gravy. Dry version is just the deep fried version of the marinated chicken…
This recipe can be used as an iftar snack during the month of ramadan and it can be included as an iftar meal…
Dry chicken 65:
Marinate the chicken with salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, egg beaten, corn flour, maida and mix all the ingredients well. Marinate the chicken for half an hour and deep fry in oil… This gives the chicken 65 dry recipe version.
We all are familiar with this wonderful chicken 65 recipe and without much ado I would like to share this tasty and yummy starter recipe for my blog readers….
other recipe collections:
How to make chicken 65 recipe gravy below:
- 1 kg boneless chicken washed well
- salt - as per taste
- 1½ tbsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp full ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 beaten egg
- oil for deep frying
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp very finely chopped/crushed ginger
- ½ tsp very finely chopped or crushed garlic
- 6-7 green chillies vertically slit
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 cup yogurt(200 ml)
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp red food color
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- lemon wedges
- onion rings
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, add boneless chicken pieces, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder.
- Into it add one egg, also add all purpose flour/maida, add corn flour into it.
- Mix up all the ingredients.
- Rest the marinade in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Into it, add the chicken pieces and deep fry them on all sides until they turn golden brown on all sides for about 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
- Take the chicken pieces out and transfer the pieces into a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the gravy as shown below.
- Take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add finely crushed ginger and garlic into it.
- Add green chillies into it and saute well.
- Add fresh curry leaves and saute.
- Add beaten yogurt into it.
- Add some salt as per taste, add red chilli powder, red food color.
- Mix all the ingredients and stir well.
- Add the deep fried chicken pieces into the gravy and cook for five to ten minutes by stirring.
- Take the chicken 65 out on a serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Add lemon extract all over.
- Serve with onion rings and lemon wedges.
- Watch the video procedure below.