Aloo Palak Gosht Recipe is a very famous recipe from Hyderabad. This curry is made with spinach, potato and meat. It is usually made for breakfasts or lunch. It can be eaten with rotis or rice.
It makes a good combination with anything. Aloo Palak Gosht Recipe is simple to make and in this dish we need to cook the vegetables and add cooked mutton to it.
This combination is very interesting and I am sure it would be liked by everyone when made and eaten. Spinach is also called as ‘Palak’ in hindi and its one of the heathiest vegetables to be eaten.
Palak can be used to make many yummy recipes which turn to be very delicious. Palak pakodas and Palak Dal are common too that are made with this vegetable.
Potatoes too can be added to enhance the taste of this curry. Adding mutton totally lifts up the flavors of the complete recipe. Meat can be added to many vegetables like arvi gosht, aloo gosht or potato mutton.
Do check out the detailed recipe on making Aloo Palak Gosht Recipe.
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1/4 kg meat/mutton/lamb
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2-3 slit green chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
Instructions For Making Aloo Palak Gosht Curry Recipe
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker, heat oil, add onions and fry till golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and stir well, add mutton, green chillies and saute well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, add little water, stir well and pressure cook until meat gets tender.
- Meanwhile, in a cooking vessel, heat little oil, add chopped spinach, finely sliced potatoes, coriander leaves and stir it well.
- Add chopped onions, add salt as required, red chilli powder, mix well and cook for some time.
- Mix the cooked mutton into the potato spinach curry and cook until potatoes and spinach cook well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rotis or rice.