Kathi roll recipe here is a roll recipe in which the kathi roll is stuffed with a delicious egg filling which is a mouth watering filling and goes perfectly with the rolls.
Do check out other kathi roll recipes:
The kati roll recipe is made as perfectly as the one we get in restaurants. Rolls are quite popular in india be it in the form of spring roll or any veggie roll or just chicken rolls and they can be served as perfect breakfast recipes.
Also try out other recipes like listed below that have egg as the main ingredient:
In this recipe I have made an amazing egg filling or stuffing and topping it up with ketchup is a great evening snack and also keeps us filled and keeps our hunger away.
The rolls are good to be made during friends gathering or kitty parties or birthdays and these rolls go perfectly with chutney dips or sauce.
There are many ways kathi rolls can be made like chicken, paneer, veg etc and I would love to make all the various kinds of kathi rolls for my blog readers as I update.
Here unlike spring rolls where pastries are used I have made the roll using all purpose flour and egg and this gives the roll an amazing flavor. Spring rolls and kathi rolls are made in a different way but the filling almost remains the same.
The dough for the rolls varies and there are many different kinds of rolls in many different regions which taste awesome and delicious.
Below would be the recipe details on how to make kathi roll with egg as the filling.
Egg Kathi Roll Recipe:
- 2 cups all purpose flour(maida)
- salt - to taste
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup water approx... (to knead the dough)
- 1 tbsp oil/butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 medium size onions, finely shredded
- 2 medium size tomatoes, finely shredded(do not use the pulp inside it)
- 2 medium size green capsicum, shredded
- 2 eggs beaten with salt and black pepper powder into it
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add sliced onions and saute for few minutes.
- Add shredded capsicum and shredded tomatoes into it.
- Toss the mixture well.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder into it.
- Add the beaten egg mixture, scramble it and cook for few minutes.
- Finally, add some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Rest it aside for later use.
- Firstly, take a bowl, into it, add all purpose flour, salt and mix well.
- Add a tbsp of beaten egg into it and give a nice mix.
- Add water as required and knead the flour into a soft dough.
- Rest it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a portion of the dough.
- Make a round ball.
- Dust some flour on the rolling board.
- Place the round ball and roll it into a circular shape as a chapathi.
- Heat the gridle/tawa.
- Place the chapathi onto the tawa.
- Cook for few seconds.
- Flip the roti and apply butter.
- Cook the other side too for few seconds.
- Flip it again.
- Add butter/oil all over the roti.
- Spread 2-3 tbsp of the egg mixture all over the roti.
- Flip the roti and cook the egg spread side of the roti well.
- Cook the roti well on both sides.
- Place the roti on a plate with the egg side on top.
- Take the egg stuffing and place it at one end of the roti.
- Add shredded capsicum, shredded tomatoes and ketchup over the filling.
- Roll the roti.
- Cover the roll with a foil or a tissue paper and serve.
- Serve it with any chutney dip or ketchup.