Palak sabji recipe is a basic sabji recipe made with spinach or palak leaves and is a very quick and simple recipe for beginners. It is as popular and common as aloo sabzi in India.
Do check out more palak recipes:
Palak ki sabzi which is posted here takes very few ingredients without any masala and tastes delicious. It is perfect with plain rice and works wonders with rotis too.
Palak or spinach has got huge health benefits and making it in any form is very healthy and there are many varieties of palak recipes that can be made with many variations.
I would like to post many simple recipes for beginners and sabzi recipes are mostly made as daily dishes in every household. I have used onions in this recipe but if one does not like to use onions then do skip the ingredient.
Palak ki sabzi actually tastes good if onions are used and palak is also made using tomatoes which shall be updated in my other palak posts.
Let us check out this wonderful palak sabji/sabzi recipe which is an easy to do recipe as a roti side dish…
How To Make Palak Sabji Recipe Below:
- 7-8 bunches of palak/spinach leaves finely chopped and washed
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2-3 medium size onions, finely sliced
- 2-3 vertically slit green chillies
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- Firstly, take a cooking vessel, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add sliced onions into it, add slit green chillies too.
- Saute it until the onions get soft.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves and mix them well.
- Gather the leaves together by cooking them.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add red chilli powder into it.
- Add turmeric powder into it.
- Add chopped coriander leaves into the sabzi.
- Mix the sabji well, cover the lid and cook it until the palak gets soft for about 15 minutes.
- When palak gets soft and cooked, switch off the flame.
- Serve it with roti!!!