Aloo keema recipe or Kheema or minced meat with potato is a dish which is made by cooking keema/kheema and adding potatoes with few masalas. Keema or kheema is mostly a good combination with roti/parathas.
Kheema/minced meat curries can be made in different ways. I usually prefer adding potatoes to the kheema or meat but its optional. Potatoes can be boiled and added as cooking them in oil can be unhealthy.
There are many recipes which can be made with kheema such as kheema kofta curry, Hyderabadi kheema, gravy kheema, kheema fry, kheema paratha, kheema samosas etc… Whenever I make Aloo keema I tend to add coriander leaves, methi leaves as they give an aromatic flavor.
Mutton Kheema is good combination to rotis, naan, bread etc… and I prefer making kheema curries with roti or chapati rather than rice.
Here, aloo keema which I have made is just a simpler version of using both the combinations , but the combination can be used to make aloo keema recipe of different kinds and in different ways.
- 1/4 kg minced meat/ground meat
- 250 gms potatoes cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tomato, finely chopped(optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp fenugreek leaves(methi)
- 2 tsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
Instructions For Aaloo keema Curry
- Firstly, wash the mince meat/keema, take a cooker, heat oil, add onions and fry till slight golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste stir well, add keema to it saute and fry well for a while, add salt, pinch of red chilli powder, pinch of turmeric, add little water and pressure cook for about 3 whistles on low flame until the mince meat is cooked well.
- Once the meat is cooked, add sliced potatoes, chopped tomato, salt as per your taste, red chilli powder, coriander, methi/fenugreek leaves, add little water and pressure cook again until potatoes become soft. You can pressure for about 3-4 whistles on a high flame.
- Once the dish is cooked uncover the lid of the cooker and cook if there is any water remaining.
- Add garam masala powder over the top, black pepper powder.
- Turn off the heat.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves, lemon juice spread over the curry.
- Serve with roti or rice.
Notes: Here I have used cooker to make the dish but one can also use a cooking pot to make the curry. Just cook the mince meat until it gets tender and add all the ingredients with potato and cook. If cooked potatoes are not recommended then one can make normal keema curry and add boiled potato cubes.