Chicken bhuna is a recipe in which the chicken pieces are cut into small pieces and roasted in few spicy ingredients. Its a wonderful dry dish which can be taken as starters.
My blog is now flooded with many chicken curries. There are different versions of making chicken curries and this is one among them. This chicken curry brings out a very good taste with just a few ingredients. The chicken pieces should be boneless to get very good taste.
It is a very simple starter dish to be tried with chicken and there can be many different ways to roast it. This bhuna chicken is easy to try, quick and tasty.
This is another version of traditional chicken bhuna as it is very dry and cooked to be eaten as a starter. I shall also be posting the authentic way of making chicken recipe. This dish is very instant and tastes well if made with boneless chicken.
This is a tried and tasted dish and something new to try out as a starter or as a snack during evenings or during rainy time.
Let’s look into the detailed recipe instructions of making the chicken below.
To make this chicken roasted recipe, we need to roast or stir fry the chicken to get the bhuna taste.
The chicken should be cleaned and washed well. It should then be strained well until all the excess water from the chicken drains off completely.
The chicken then should be stir fried in various spices such as red chilli powder, kali mirch powder, coriander powder and sauteed well in ginger garlic paste.
It takes at least about 40 minutes for the chicken to stir fry and roast with the out come preferred…
Check out the step by step details below…
How to make chicken bhuna recipe below:
- 500 gms chicken boneless washed well
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt - to taste
- 1 cup finely sliced onions
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder (powder of cardamoms,cinnamon,cloves,shah jeera)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, in a cooking pot or cooking vessel add oil and heat it.
- Add onions and fry till slight golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add the chicken pieces and saute until a change in color appears.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix well and cook until the chicken gets tender.
- Also keep stirring in between and cook till oil starts appearing at the sides.
- Add black pepper corn powder, coriander powder, mix and cook for few minutes on low flame.
- Lastly, add garam masala, mix and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy it as a starter!!