Hyderabadi Mutton Curry or lamb curry is a simple recipe yet very tasty cooked well in onions and tomatoes. Mutton Curry is usually eaten with rotis or any form of rice. I would say that it is a must try recipe as it is a superb dish that can be eaten with any meal.
My family usually makes non veg curries in several different ways and I am here to divulge all the recipes and spread the Indian cooking. Hyderabadis usually prefer to mix mutton with vegetables and cook. Its a different combination but I would say that all the different vegetables cooked along with mutton taste really well .
Most of the people prefer chicken recipes rather than mutton recipes, but I must tell you mutton recipes taste well if it is cooked slowly and not overcooked. Overcooking takes away all the flavors.
Check out the recipe details of Hyderabadi Mutton Curry or lamb curry below.
Hyderabadi Mutton Curry
How To Make Hyderabadi Mutton Curry:
Hyderabadi Gravy Mutton Curry
- 1/2 kg mutton/lamb washed and cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3-4 onions finely chopped
- 3-4 to matoes finely chopped
- 3-4 tsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder cinnamon, cardamom, shahi zeera(caraway,cloves)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Firstly in a pressure cooker, heat oil, add the mutton pieces saute it well, add the ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder and fry well for about 3-4 minutes, add little water and pressure cook on low flame for about 3 whistles.
- Reduce the steam and check if the meat is tenderised or not. Rest it aside if cooked.
- In a frying pan, add the onions and fry till golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and saute it well until raw smell disappears.
- Add cooked mutton/lamb into it, add salt, red chilli powder,coriander powder, tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes get soft.
- Cook until a thick gravy appears. Add the garam masala, black pepper powder and stir.
- Lastly, add coriander leaves, lemon juice.
- Turn off the heat .
- Serve with rotis or rice.