Methi Gosht Recipe is yet another Hyderabadi mutton curry which is made by adding methi leaves or fenugreek leaves to the mutton or gosht curry.
Related Methi Recipes:
It is a gravy recipe with juicy tomatoes that go into it with an aromatic flavor of methi leaves or fenugreek leaves. ‘Methi’ is a hindi term for fenugreek. One usually does not prefer eating methi, therefore, using methi with different combinations is a wonderful idea.
This method of combining methi leaves not only brings good aroma but also lifts up the flavor of the recipe. Methi is a great combination with vegetable recipes and non vegetarian recipes like meat or mutton.
Here I have added fresh green methi leaves but in the similar way one can add gongura leaves to mutton and can make gongura mutton.
In this recipe I have added methi to the meat or gosht and cooked with tomatoes to bring the gravy to the mutton curry. Methi or Fenugreek leaves has got lots of health benefits and these fenugreek leaves come out from fenugreek seeds.
The methi gosht recipe tastes well with any main course dish like rice, roti or bagara khana etc…
It helps in controlling diabetes level, reduces the risk of heart diseases, it is very good for hair as well and many other benefits health wise. Thus, by using methi in different recipes keeps us fit, fine and healthy.
Try to make innovative recipes with methi and lead a healthy lifestyle and I shall also update my blog with different methi recipes possible. Also try aloo methi gosht recipe which is made with a combination of potatoes, mutton and methi leaves.
Below are the instructions for making Methi Gosht Recipe Hyderabadi:
Methi Gosht Recipe Hyderabadi, Indian Mutton and Fenugreek Leaves Recipe
- 500 gms mutton washed and cut into pieces
- 2 medium sized onions chopped
- 3 -4 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small bunch of methi leaves or fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp of coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker, add oil and heat it.
- Add mutton pieces and roast until a change in color appears.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute well.
- Add chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, mix, cover the lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add methi leaves, coriander leaves, add 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for about 3 whistles on sim flame or until the mutton gets tender.
- Reduce the steam and cook for few minutes if there is any water remaining.
- Serve with rice or roti!!!