Carrot Raita Recipe is an Indian curd preparation which is very cool and spicy and one of the easiest recipes to be made. It is a simple side dish which is eaten with any form of rice and makes a great combination.
Raita Recipe is always accompanied with different Biryanis, which can be mutton biryani or chicken biryani or any mixed veg biryani or be it normal plain rice. Always raita is placed as a side dish with every rice delicacy especially.
It is made by beating yogurt and by adding few vegetables of our choice.
It is good to add colorful vegetables like carrot,cucumber etc. Raita can be eaten if one is not willing to eat plain curd. I sometimes eat raita directly without any accompaniment as it is very tasty. Curd recipe or raita can also be prepared by giving tadka(tempering) and served with rice delicacies.
Carrot raita recipe is very simple to make as it requires few ingredients and mainly carrots that are finely grated.
How to make onion carrot raita recipe:
Onion Carrot Raita Recipe,How To Make Raita Recipe
- 1/4 kg curd
- salt to taste
- 1 onion very finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated carrot
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tsp mint leaves
- 2 tsp coriander leaves
- Firstly, blend the paste of green chillies,coriander leaves,mint leaves and keep aside.
- In a bowl, beat the yogurt/curd well until there are no lumps formed.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and the paste of green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves(which I mentioned in the first step) and mix well .
- Add the finely chopped onions, grated carrot and mix well.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves.
- Serve the Raita with any kind of rice.
Different Raitas give different taste but the main ingredient would always be curd. There is again tomato raita, cucumber raita, fruit raita etc.