Shimla Mirch Keema Recipe is a mixed curry recipe of shimla mirch(green capsicum ) and minced meat. Minced meat is also known as keema or kheema.
Check out below links for more keema recipes:
This recipe is quite interesting with capsicum flavor in meat and also added into it is aloo or potatoes to give a tasty flavor to the shimla mirch keema recipe.
The keema and shimla mirch combination goes well with roti or rice. The recipe which I posted is a gravy dish with tomatoes into it and also lifting the flavor is methi leaves or fenugreek leaves in the keema capsicum recipe.
I use this combination when I feel like trying different shimla mirch recipes and bored of eating regular capsicum recipes.
One important point while using capsicum mainly green capsicum is that the vegetable has to be deseeded as the seeds inside the shimla mirch are very hot and cannot be eaten if the seeds occur in the curry.
Eating capsicum is very good for health and there are different capsicums available and they are red , green and yellow. Capsicum can be used in many different ways like they are usually added in stuffings and for presenting food in colorful manner.
Capsicum or shimla mirch is also referred to as bell peppers, green bell pepper, red bell pepper etc… Usually, a common recipe made with shimla mirch is aloo capsicum curry or stuffed capsicum currry but I have added meat to the recipe to make it perfect for non veg eaters.
Recipe instructions for shimla mirch keema recipe:
- 500 gms keema(minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium sized onions sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt - to taste
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 3-4 potatoes diced
- 3-4 green capsicum deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped methi leaves(fenugreek leaves)
- Firstly, in a cooking pot, add oil and heat it.
- Add onions and cook well for about 2 minutes or until they get soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute to get rid of raw smell.
- Add keema/minced meat, mix well and roast until a change in color appears.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they get soft.
- Add potatoes which have been diced.
- Add the deseeded chopped green capsicum.
- Mix everything well and cook for a while approximately for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and methi(fenugreek leaves).
- Add little water and pressure cook until the keema is cooked well.
- Reduce the steam and cook the keema without lid if there is any water remaining.
- Lastly, serve it in a bowl and serve with roti or rice!!!.