Double Ka Meetha Recipe
Double Ka Meetha made with dry bread and sugar syrup...
- 6 bread slices
- ghee or clarified butter or vanaspati dalda for frying
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of orange food color
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 500 ml full cream milk
- 8 saffron strands
- 1/2 cup sliced cashews, pistachios, almonds
Make Sugar Syrup:
In a cooking vessel add water, sugar, cardamom powder and orange food color.
Stir well and boil the syrup on low flame until the syrup is sticky when touched with fingers.
Rest it aside and allow it cool down.
Frying the bread:
Cut out the corners of the bread, then cut the bread slices in the form of square cubes.
Deep fry the bread slices on medium flame in ghee or dalda or oil until golden brown.
Remove the fried bread slices.
Saute sliced cashews, sliced almonds and sliced pista in ghee for few seconds and take them out.
Making the meetha:
Take the fried bread slices and place the slices separately in the sugar syrup.
Pour the reduced milk all over the bread.
Let the bread slices cook for few minutes until the syrup and milk gets absorbed.
Top it up with sauteed sliced dry fruits over the meetha.
Add crushed khoya over the bread slices but is entirely optional.
- Before deep frying bread slices, dry the bread cubes for few hours. Using this tip helps in frying the slices very quickly and also requires less oil/ghee/dalda (vanaspathi).
- Instant cutting and deep frying absorbs more oil while frying.
- If oil is used for frying the bread slices then spread some ghee from the top while cooking bread in syrup and milk for a better taste.
- Check out the video for more help.
Like or Follow us on our facebook page @YummyIndianKitchen to receive all the latest posts and videos from this blog....
To watch our recipe videos do SUBSCRIBE! and do not forget to press the bell icon to receive every update!!!