1. Pav bhaji is all about using butter generously and if one is health conscious and not fond of street food then I suggest to reduce the quantity of butter while making pav bhaji.
2. Adding food color is optional and if does not have food color handy then skipping the ingredient does not change the taste of the dish and only the color of the dish does not appear red.
3. If one wants to achieve street food color then adding good amount of red food color gives us the street style pav bhaji color.
4. I have however added less amount of butter and if one wants to get the shiny texture in pav bhaji then, it can be obtained by using more amount of butter while cooking the bhaji.
5. I have used a masher to mash the veggies evenly. If one does not have it handy then mash the matar separately using a spatula or hands and also similarly mash the boiled potatoes using a spatula or make use of hands before adding into the curry.