1. Do not dry roast the coconut for a long time as it might turn black and spoil the curry. Just slightly roast it to achive a slight brown color.
2. Do not cook the masala on high flame as the masala might burn. Make sure to cook the masala on low flame inorder to avaoid burning.
3. Adding of poppy seeds that is khus khus is totally optional and this ingredient can be skipped if one does not prefer to use this in your curry.
4. We can even add fresh coconut instead of desiccated coconut while making the masala paste.
5. If a thick gravy is preferred then I would suggest to just add 1 1/2 cup water into the chicken and cook the gravy.