Bhindi Gosht Recipe or Hyderabadi Bhindi Ka Sherva(Shorba) or bhindi gosht kadhi is an authentic Hyderabadi recipe made with mutton adding into lady's finger / bhindi /okra. It is made using the combination of bhindi(okra) and mutton or meat.
Other tamarind based recipes are arbi recipe, bendakaya pulusu, chepala pulusu, fish curry, egg pulusu , gutti vankaya etc...
Bhindi Gosht Recipe is a very tangy dish as it has got the tangy flavor of the tamarind pulp.
This is one of the popular dishes in hyderabadi cuisine usually made with okra and mutton added to it and in hyderabad, mutton is basically mixed with many veggies or dals such as dalcha and dal gosht and plain gosht recipes too are made such as mutton bhuna etc...
In Hyderabadi dishes , meat or mutton is usually added to most of the veggies. The flavor of the curry stands out with the flavor of mutton into it and also makes the dish very juicy. If only plain mutton curry is preferred then hyderabadi gosht curry should definitely be tried in your kitchen.
Bhindi Gosht recipe is always made with mutton in Hyderabad and to get some tangy taste to it tamarind extracted pulp is added.
Bhindi is the most used vegetable in every household and one should try to make it as often as possible as it is good for health and also a tasty vegetable when made into any form of dish.
Bhindi should be included in breakfasts, lunch and also in dinners and can be eaten raw as it is said to be good for the brain.
Bhindi or okra can be used to make many different kinds of dishes. It can be used to make bhindi fry, bhindi curry, bhindi masala, bhindi kadhi etc. Every dish made with okra/bhindi is mouth watering. I would be updating many okra dishes in the days to come. Do keep watching this space.
Bhindi Gosht Recipe goes well with either roti or rice. The bhindi curry which I am posting goes well with rice or roti. Do check out the step by step instructions for the Bhindi Gosht Recipe or Hyderabadi bhindi ka sherva(shorba).
Bhindi Gosht Recipe Below:
Bhindi Gosht Recipe
- 500 gms washed meat or mutton cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium size onions finely sliced
- 2-3 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
- salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 cups tamarind extracted pulp
- ½ kg okra/bhindi cut into pieces
- 3-4 slit green chillies
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- In a pressure cooker, add oil, add sliced onions, saute well till transparent.
- Add slit green chillies, add ginger garlic paste, saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add mutton into it and roast it well until a change in color appears.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix and cook the masala well for two minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes get soft.
- Add 1 cup of water and pressure cook the mutton until it gets tenderised.
- Add tamarind pulp, add okra/bhindi, add coriander leaves, mint leaves, garam masala powder and cook everything until bhindi gets soft.
- Serve it with rotis or rice.
2.Rice flour paste or Chickpea flour paste can be added into the dish to make it more tasty and thick.