Cinnamon water, a simple and quick to make fat cutter drink using cinnamon stick or cinnamon powder. Cinnamon water is a wonder drink for those looking for drinks that aid in losing weight.
Check out other weight loss drinks on the blog such as jeera water for weight loss, ginger water for weight loss, apple cider vinegar for weight loss, lemon water for weight loss, ajwain water , cucumber juice, lauki ka juice , karela juice etc…
However, we get different types of cinnamon…
Two types of Cinnamon:
- One is ceylon cinnamon.
- Second type is cassia cinnamon.
Ceylon cinnamon is the true cinnamon and cassia cinnamon is the known to be the fake kind of cinnamon.
How does cinnamon look like?
Cinnamon sticks appear brown in color and are of finger size rolls. True cinnamon is the aromatic bark of a cinnamon tree and has got many layers inside the roll while fake cinnamon has not got layers inside the roll and is brown in color too but does not give out any aroma or fragrance.
Difference between the true cinnamon and fake cinnamon:
- True cinnamon that is the ceylon cinnamon is actually the real cinnamon and has lots of fragrance in it.
- Fake cinnamon is the unreal cinnamon that is not suitable for cooking.
- True cinnamon is mainly suitable for cooking purposes and is on the sweeter and tastier side while, fake cinnamon is slightly toxic in nature and not suitable or beneficial for consumption purposes.
- Actual cinnamon has got many layers and appears light in weight, very expensive, aromatic with lots of health benefits.
- Fake cinnamon in heavier than the true cinnamon, very cheap and not expensive and also found in abundance where as true cinnamon is not found in plenty all over the world.
- Conclusion is, always look for true cinnamon that tastes amazing and never opt for fake cinnamon which is not suggested to be consumed.
Cinnamon as a spice:
- Cinnamon is known to be one of the best spices in the world which is highly used in medicine as it has got many medicinal properties as well as good for consumption.
- Cinnamon due to its great medicinal properties is used in ayurvedic medicine as well.
- It is mainly used for the purpose of cooking and highly used in Indian cooking.
How is cinnamon used in cooking?
- Cinnamon is used widely in Indian kitchens as it gives a great aroma to all the dishes made such as flavored rice recipes or curry recipes in which cinnamon is added along with other spices during the tempering stage as they release all the essential flavors and give great aroma to all the recipes.
- Every special dish made takes in cinnamon as the flavorful ingredient into the dish and lifts up the flavor of the whole dish.
- Not only rice and curries but cinnamon is mostly used in desserts such as cakes, rolls and also it is used as a topping on many sweet recipes.
How it is used for weight loss:
- Cinnamon helps reduce hunger cravings and any food cravings by munching on a little bit of true cinnamon either in its whole form or water or in powdered form.
- Cinnamon is mostly known to control sugar levels and help deposit less of fat inside the body and thus helping in losing weight.
- Whenever we do have cravings to munch on something unhealthy stuff then cinnamon comes into place. Just have it often which controls the cravings to have unhealthy food and thus helping in reducing the cholesterol levels in the body.
Cinnamon water or benefits of using true cinnamon in our daily diet or as a drink:
- Cinnamon should always be consumed as it is a wonder spice that can cure many body related issues too apart from giving aromatic flavor to the dishes.
- It is said to have lots of anti bacterial and anti fungal properties.
- These help in reducing the forming or bacteria or any form of fungus inside the body.
- The cinnamon is a known spice since ages and is effectively used for weight loss issues.
- It is said to improve digestion, heart burns, gastric problems in human beings.
- It is also known to reduce the risk of cancer as it has anti carcinogenic properties.
- It is mainly said to reduce the blood sugar levels and also the cholesterol levels in our body.
Cons of cinnamon:
- It should be used in very less quantity and having it in more quantity than recommended might cause negative effect to the body.
- Do not use more than a teaspoon of it per day if taken in powdered form or just use few sticks such as 2 to 3 per day if using in other form such as in making a drink.
How to drink cinnamon for better results in losing weight?
- Drink cinnamon infused water everyday on an empty stomach or before breakfast which helps in reducing blood sugar levels, bad cholesterol levels and also help in suppressing the cravings.
- It helps in suppressing the appetite to certain extent thus avoiding over eating and gaining weight.
- It can also be used in between meals by making a cinnamon infused drink or by just mixing some powder in warm water and having it regularly.
- The drink is very simple to make and the recipe to make cinnamon water is shared below and hope to receive good results after trying out this drink by my viewers.
Check out the recipe below to make cinnamon water and hopefully it can bring a change in the lives of those looking out for losing some belly fat or other body fat.
How to make cinnamon water for weight loss:
cinnamon water, cinnamon for weight loss drink
- 1 glass water
- 2 medium size cinnamon sticks (dalchini)
- 1 tsp honey
- Firstly, take a sauce pan.
- Add water into the pan, add cinnamon sticks.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and simmer it for 5-10 minutes.
- Let the cinnamon flavor seep into the water completely.
- When the water appears brownish red in color switch off the flame.
- Allow the water to cool down and let it turn lukewarm.
- Take a glass and strain the lukewarm water into the glass.
- Add a teaspoon of honey into the glass and stir it well.
- Drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning or between meals.
- Gives better results if consumed frequently.
- Cinnamon powder too can be used in place of cinnamon sticks.
- Adding honey is optional, but it tastes even more better with honey added.
- Follow this weight loss drink often and see amazing results.
Note: The information provided in this article is only for general purpose and is not given by any medical practitioner… Please follow doctor’s advise before following any weight loss drink.
Do not attempt these sort of drinks in pregnancies as they may cause negative affects during that phase.