Lemon cucumber water, a detox drink quickly made using water and the main ingredient cucumber. This is the best coolant detox to use anytime. It benefits humans in terms of weight loss as well as help cleanse the system.
About Cucumber Water
Cucumber water infused with lemon and mint is a wonderful and amazing detox. It also has plenty of benefits if consumed regularly on a daily basis.
It is a simple drink by letting cucumber, lemon and mint infuse well in water. Also, this makes a great detox drink to consume regularly for better body functioning.
I will be sharing the benefits and the procedure to make this cucumber infused drink which works wonders for the tummy.
Benefits of this detox
- Consume this drink on an empty stomach or have it before every meal.
- The fat cutter drink can be consumed regularly and is a healthy detox drink.
- This is an extremely hydrating, refreshing drink and a coolant that helps in keeping the tummy cool.
- It works wonders for fat loss, belly fat burning, as well as works as a fat cutter to the entire body.
- Best detox drink to lose weight quickly and also boosts the body metabolism, works great for digestion and helps cleanse the stomach by removing toxic substances.
- It works for better skin health too as lemon contains a lot of Vitamin C, as well as cucumber, has lots of hydrating properties which work amazingly to help cut down the entire fat.
Benefits of Lemon and Mint
Lemons too work for losing fat and help in detoxifying the body and combined with cucumber they work in a more powerful way. Lemon is also high in Vitamin C which promotes better skin health and also helps boosts the immune system.
Mint is a powerful ingredient for good digestion. Not only in the drink but eating mint leaves helps the body to promote better digestion, reduces flatulence and bloating. Adding Mint in normal drinking water too which gives good flavour and aroma plus added benefits.
- Mint helps in quick digestion and can prevent fat deposit to a large extent.
- Doing regular and simple exercises such as brisk walking, jogging as well as many other workouts help a lot in losing weight.
- This drink helps in lowering blood sugar levels too.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle reduces stress and a balanced diet prevents fat deposits.
- Consume this drink and follow a healthy lifestyle for good benefits.
Cucumber: I am using a big size cucumber but baby cucumbers or organic ones can be used. Cucumber is easily available in stores and should always be included in the diet.
For a cooling effect use it with water or have it in the form of salad. They give great results to the body in terms of good digestion and weight loss as well as to detoxify.
Cucumber has hydrating properties and it keeps body hydrated if had regularly.
Mint: Mint is a powerful ingredient and is good for digestion. The drink infused with mint flavours acts as a coolant to the body.
Lemon: Lemon has many benefits while taken along with water as it is high in vitamin c as well as acts as a fat cutter or fat burner inside the body.
Ice cubes: If trying to drink in summer, it is better to add some ice cubes and have the drink in the chilled state which is even more refreshing cooling.
Steps to make the water
Below are the step by step details to make the detox drink at home.
- Take any jar which can be a mason jar or water jar. I am using a small jar but one can make use of a bigger jar if making the drink in large quantity, add cucumber slices. I am using only 4-5 slices but for a large quantity, use one full cucumber to let more cucumber flavours into the drink.
- Add round lemon slices into it. I am using only 2-3 slices as the water I am using here is less but for larger quantity use 2 lemons. Do not add too many lemon slices as the drink gets too sour. For balanced flavours just add a few.
- Add mint leaves. Using fresh mint leaves gets the fresh fragrance of mint and is a good idea to add as it has many amazing properties such as better digestion.
- Add water and stir. This step is optional if making in large quantity. Add water quantity as per requirement. If using a big jar, add water generously.
- Close the lid. Refrigerate for 2 hours for the flavours to go deep inside the drink. Serve the drink immediately or chill it in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours for the flavours to get into the drink or store it in the refrigerator overnight to use regularly in place of water.
- Serve chilled as well as add ice cubes to make it a more chilled drink or it is better to use a straw to sip the drink as it is easy to consume.
Drinking and Storing Tips
- The cucumber slices if kept in water for more than 12 hours tend to become too soft and start breaking into small pieces. Therefore,
- It is better to strain the drink after few hours once the flavours get into the drink and store the strained drink in the refrigerator which can be used for 2 days.
- Try to make a fresh drink after 2 days as the drink can last up to 2-3 days with fresh flavours.
- Making in large quantities is a better idea if required for the whole day. Prepare the drink at night and let it refrigerate overnight which can be used the next day in place of water.
Tips and enhancements
The drink if hard to consume can be made a bit sweet by adding honey. I also suggest avoiding honey as much as possible as the drink itself tastes good to drink and gives a very cooling effect to the body.
Since I am making with cucumber lemon and some mint leaves I have not used additional ingredients such as ginger.
The lemon cucumber water detox works better if some ginger pieces too are added. This remedy amazingly works well for weight loss purposes as well.
lemon cucumber water detox with mint flavors
- 5-6 cucumber slices (cut into round slices)
- 2-3 round lemon slices
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 1 glass water
- ice cubes (optional)
- Take any jar which can be a mason jar or water jar.
- Add cucumber slices into it.
- Add round lemon slices into it.
- Add mint leaves.
- Add water and stir.
- Close the lid.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours for the flavors to get infused.
- Serve chilled as well as add ice cubes to make it a more chilled drink.
- Can be consumed any time of the day.
- Other flavours such as ginger too tastes well to make this detox water.
It just takes 2-3 hours and the drink is ready to consume. One can even refrigerate the drink for up to 12 hours or overnight. While consuming strain the drink and consume.
It is better to discard the cucumber once it is totally infused. For example, if the detox is kept in the refrigerator for a long time, the cucumber in water tends to become soft and starts breaking.
Therefore, it is better to strain when the cucumber and other ingredients have released all their flavours.
It has great hydrating properties which are essential for a human being. Especially in summers, cucumber consumed in the form of salads or drinks is good for hydration.
It also works in weight loss, detoxifying all the toxins from the body as well as work best for digestion and prevents constipation to a larger extent.
The cucumber can be peeled or can be sliced with the peel. If sliced with the peel on, wash it well to remove any unwanted particles on it.
The cucumbers remain fresh for at least 10-12 hours in water. If kept for a longer time, they become soft and lose their taste. It is better to strain the water or discard the cucumber, lemon and mint.
This is a common question asked and I would say that this drink if taken regularly can help remove toxins from the body and reduces fat deposits by cutting down the fat from the body.
If making in a big jar add a generous amount of water, 1 full cucumber cut into round slices, 2 lemons cut into round slices and a generous amount of mint leaves. Let it sit in the refrigerator for few hours as it takes time for the flavours to infuse well into the drink.
NOTE: Please seek medical expert advice for any health-related concerns.