Turmeric tea is a quick weight loss drink made to lose belly fat as well as fat all around the body. This is a simple home remedy that can work to cut down weight along with a healthy diet. Other weight loss drinks on the blog are cinnamon water, lemon water, ginger water, hibiscus tea, tulsi tea.
Turmeric is a powerful ingredient in our kitchens as well as in our daily life. Its uses are internally and externally ,and it gives an incredible colour if used in curries.
Turmeric is a yellowish root and has many uses in Indian cuisines as well as; turmeric use is in different ways that can cure common ailments like cold and cough.
Uses of turmeric
- It is good to use it for cooking purposes as it adds impressive colour to the dishes.
- Powder the spice before adding it to the dish, and turmeric powder is readily available in markets.
- It has many medicinal properties as well.
- Used in many home remedies to treat various ailments like cold, and flu and used in fairness treatments.
- They are used as a common ingredient to remove tan and to treat pigmented skin and tanned skin.
It has been used for ages to treat many issues, and weight loss is one of the issues that can be controlled using turmeric.
How does turmeric tea help in fat loss?
Turmeric consists of a powerful ingredient called 'curcumin' which basically is the main active ingredient in turmeric that aids in cutting down the body fat.
'Curcumin' plays a major role to help suppress the fat but it does not fully absorb in the body. To make absorption work, add other ingredients such as black pepper to the tea.
Therefore, this detoxifying drink makes the body light and helps reduce excess fat if used regularly.
This drink has few ingredients in it which makes it a powerful fat loss drink.
The ingredients that go into this drink are ginger, turmeric, black pepper and honey which are mixed with water and the water is boiled to let all the flavours steep into the water.
This flavoured water when consumed on an empty stomach acts correctly inside the body. It also keeps our body away from other problems such as colds and coughs.
Follow all the details about making this drink as well as a video procedure below to try it out and wish you all good luck and hope to receive positive feedback on this drink.
Black pepper: This kitchen spice may give hotness in recipes but has many medicinal benefits mainly that can aid in losing fat.
According to recent studies black pepper helps in reducing the formation or build up of new fat cells. They try to cut down fat as much as possible with regular use.
Turmeric: Turmeric is a miracle spice and I have already discussed how beneficial this golden spice is. Read the details above and get to know its significance in many ways that are not confined to just using them in the kitchen or for cooking.
Honey: Honey helps to manage your weight and if we do not put on weight , we can stay away from many dangerous illnesses or diseases that lead to death or can cause problems such as obesity, heart related issues etc.
Therefore, honey has the capacity to work in the area of weight management and can substitute sugar to give necessary sweetness, sufficient protein and overall better health.
Ginger: This ingredient if used in the right way can bring many positive results in your body mainly it can improve digestion issues. It treats nausea, vomiting and helps you body if you suffer from bloating issues and gas.
Water: Water is the main ingredient that boosts the fat burning process as it has the capacity to burn the calorie intake quickly and this burning process can help you to burn the fat easily and thus leading to quick weight loss.
Drink water before every meal and at least 8 to 10 glasses everyday to avoid intake of more food and water helps you to cut down the unwanted fat.
- Firstly, take a saucepan, and add water to it.
- Grate ginger and add to the water. Grated ginger releases a good amount of juices than adding chopped ginger. Always use a grated form of ginger for additional benefits from it. If fresh ginger is not available then use a dried form of ginger.
- Add black pepper powder. Not only powdered form but making use of black peppercorns is also a good idea and strain them out while serving.
- Add turmeric powder. It gives a strong flavor and adding in moderation is better but if one prefers a strong turmeric taste then go ahead and add generously or double the quantity.
- Bring the water to a boil. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and let all the flavours steep well into the water and switch off the flame. The more we boil, the better the chances of the flavours going deep into the drink and hence the benefits.
- Strain the tea. It is better to strain so that any solids can be removed and is convenient to consume.
- Allow it to turn lukewarm. Add honey to it and give stir. Adding honey has additional benefits as well as it is a miracle ingredient to help lose weight and makes the drink consumable. Drinking without adding honey makes it difficult to drink.
- The drink is ready to consume.
turmeric tea recipe for weight loss, curcumin tea
- 1 glass water
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder/ kali mirch powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder/ haldi
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Firstly, take sauce pan, add water into it.
- Grate ginger and add into the water.
- Add black pepper powder, turmeric powder.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and let all the flavors steep well into the water.
- Switch off the flame.
- Strain the tea.
- Allow it to turn lukewarm.
- Add honey into it and give a stir.
- Drink is ready to be consumed.
- Honey is added in order to make the drink consumable as well as to make it more flavorful.
- Honey is a powerful ingredient to lose fat as well as make the drink tastier and healthier.
Tips to make tea
- Consume the drink twice or thrice weekly.
- Taken it prior to breakfast and best to take it 20 to 30 minutes before breakfast.
- Drinking just turmeric tea and expecting good results in a few months is just not effective.
- Along with this drink, other things should be included such as walking, and jogging as well as other simple exercises that help this drink to work.
- Not maintaining a diet and expecting weight loss is just not possible with this drink.
- It is essential to maintain a proper healthy diet, simple exercises and drinking weight loss drinks altogether work well for cutting fat in a human body.
These weight loss drinks work very gradually and eventually give out amazing results if followed properly.
Dos and donts
- Please consult a medical expert or a physician before following any of the drinks mentioned to lose weight.
- These drinks should not be used if there are any medical problems as they may cause a negative effect if used in medical issues.
- Do not attempt using these drinks in pregnancies too...
- These drinks work to a certain extent and one cannot be completely dependent on them alone and therefore should follow only after taking advice from the medical experts...
Any weight loss drink does wonders for the stomach and losing belly fat if mainly consumed before breakfast or on an empty stomach.
Turmeric is said to have properties which help in losing fat inside the body and is great if made in a form of tea or water to consume.
I have also shared a turmeric water recipe on the blog and do check it out for more information on turmeric.
People suffering problems related to kidneys or liver should avoid consuming turmeric tea or should follow it only with a doctor's advice as I am sharing a piece of general information on the drink and should always be used only under medical supervision if there is any severe health issue.
It is widely used in everyday cooking and there are many recipes such as veg curries, veg gravies and special rice recipes as well as it goes into various soups.
It is highly used in Asian cooking and no dish is incomplete without turmeric and it has plenty of medicinal properties. Add into any dish while cooking other than desserts and it tastes amazing.
Do leave us your feedback about the results noticed with this drink via comments below and hope my viewers love this drink and get good results... Check out our cooking guide for any information related to measurement of ingredients.