Scrambled egg whites are a healthy breakfast option to have with slices of bread or goes well by stuffing it between a sandwich and have it as sandwich bread. This is a very quick and simple breakfast dish to make with eggs and tastes amazing with any flatbread, buns or sandwiches.
About the recipe
I am making this with plain egg whites without using the yellow part of the egg as this is a healthy preference but one can even use egg yolk and egg white mix to make these scrambled eggs.
The egg whites are separately available in markets and the recipe requires some veggies to saute in any oil and then scrambling the eggs into the vegetables and stir-frying them well.
Using additional ingredients as per choice can be done such as adding chive or some parsley leaves makes it more flavorful.
This quick is almost everyone's favourite breakfast with the scrambling of eggs using egg white or complete egg.
Early morning breakfasts abroad are incomplete without scrambled eggs and this is also quick to do egg recipe.
Oil: Any oil is suitable but for a healthy option using olive oil is a great idea but alternatively other oils too make a good substitute.
Onions: I am using chopped white onions, but red onions too make a good choice. Just make sure to chop them very finely before sauteing.
Capsicum: I am using finely chopped green capsicum but using any bell pepper such as red, yellow or green is fine and also is a good option if all these bell peppers are handy.
Salt and Pepper: These are the basic ingredients that go into the dish and give a good taste and aroma.
Egg whites: I am using egg whites by breaking the egg slightly and carefully removing the white part from the eggs.
Egg whites are easily available in supermarkets but I highly prefer extracting egg white out of the egg for a better taste.
Since this recipe is scrambled egg whites, I suggest using only whites as this recipe works great for weight loss too.
Parsley and cilantro: Sprinkling some dried parsley and adding cilantro leaves gives a good aroma and also good taste to the dish.
Spring onion greens: Adding some green part of the spring onion is a must as this goes well with scrambled eggs.
One can use several other vegetables to saute the egg whites which makes a good meal with slices of bread.
Step by step procedure
- Add oil into a pan and heat it. Use any oil but olive is a good and preferred healthy option.
- Add in finely chopped onions. Also, add finely chopped green capsicum as well as add finely chopped spring onion greens. One can use veggies of own choice and liking.
- Saute the veggies well for a minute. Saute until the raw smell disappears. Do not keep it raw and stir fry well.
- Add salt to taste as well as add black pepper powder.
- Saute all the ingredients well.
- Add chopped cilantro leaves or coriander leaves to enhance the flavours and mix well by sauteing.
- Add egg white mixture all over the veggies. I am using separated egg whites from fresh eggs but egg whites are easily available to purchase from the stores. I just separated the white part from the egg and it is an easy process. Just break the egg and carefully separate both the parts.
- Sprinkle some parsley leaves ( Dried parsley or fresh parsley). Let the egg white cook for a few seconds. If parsley is not available, skip this ingredient.
- When they are about to cook, scramble the egg white. Do not scramble when eggs are raw. Just start scrambling when they appear to cook a bit.
- Scramble and cook the eggs well until done. Serve hot with sandwich bread or have it as a breakfast recipe.
Scrambled Egg Whites Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp green capsicum, finely chopped (any color can be used)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion green
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves (coriander leaves)
- Egg whites of 5 eggs
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Add oil into a pan and heat it.
- Add in finely chopped onions.
- Add finely chopped green capsicum.
- Add finely chopped spring onion greens.
- Saute the vegetables well for a minute.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add black pepper powder.
- Add chopped cilantro leaves.
- Mix well.
- Add egg white mixture all over the veggies.
- Sprinkle some parsley leaves.
- Let the egg white cook for a few seconds.
- When they are about to cook, start scrambling slightly.
- Scramble and cook the eggs well until done.
- Serve hot with sandwich bread or use as stuffing for any sandwich.
- Other bell pepper such as red capsicum and yellow capsicum can be used by finely chopping them after removing their seeds.
- Other veggies of one's own choice too can be used to make the egg white scramble.
Egg white benefits
Egg whites are rich in protein and having only egg white by avoiding egg yolk is a healthy diet option to lose weight.
These are low in cholesterol as well as they contain very few calories which also makes a good diet to help lose weight.
Eating an egg white by boiling or making it in a healthy way gives good protein to the human body.
Replacing a complete egg with just an egg white diet is a healthy option for both men and women.
Serving it by making a filling for a sandwich using brown bread makes a healthy breakfast option.
Toasting a slice of bread and placing the egg white scramble and having it as a quick breakfast or use as stuffing to make any recipe mainly for sandwiches.
As the white part if the egg contains less calories it is easy to include it in diet while aiming to lose weight. This keeps us full as well as has good amount of protein.
Store them in refrigerator if planning to use in a day or two but do not store in refrigerator for a long time as the eggs may get a rotten smell. Always store by freezing and defrost a day before using it in dishes.
Eat it any time of the day but mostly at night if using boiled egg white or if cooking to make scrambled egg whites then it is better to have as a breakfast in the morning.
Yes, mixing both the white and yellow part too gives a good taste but white is preferable to maintain a healthy egg diet.
There are many different ways to make scrambled eggs. Instead of using plain white eggs, mixing both the white and yellow part to make scrambled eggs is also a good breakfast option. This recipe is a healthier version with the scrambling of just the white part of the egg.
Another way is to boil the eggs and saute in veggies which also is a good stuffing to make different healthy sandwiches using bread slices.