Egg paratha is basically a flat bread recipe with egg mixture stuffing. Egg paratha here is made in such a way that can be served mainly for kids breakfast recipes or lunch.
The paratha here is made like a chapathi using wheat dough and then the stuffing here used is masala egg omelet mixture which is spread over the paratha and cooked to perfection.
Paratha recipes are quite common in Northern India and different parathas take in different stuffing. I usually prefer making parathas with different vegetable stuffing and I shall be glad to update them as I keep blogging various recipes.
Here in this recipe, I have shown the video procedure to make this egg paratha inorder to understand the technique even more better.
Parathas are very popular in punjab and in punjab, parathas are eaten by applying ghee(clarified butter) or butter all over the paratha and served with any chutney dip or raita.
This paratha can be made in various ways but here I have shown it in the simplest way which is perfect to be packed for kids breakfast and it tastes best when eaten with ketchup or sauce.
Some prefer to stuff boiled egg mixture into the paratha which also tastes very delicious and some prefer to stuff in egg omelette mixture.
Paratha while rolling should form layers and that gives a very interesting taste to the paratha.
This is a very simple and quick recipe that can be eaten plain or goes best with any chutney dips or sauce and I am sure this paratha would be loved by every kid who eats this simple paratha.
Let us learn how to make this delicious paratha recipe with detailed instructions and also the video procedure of making the recipe….
How to make egg paratha or egg chapathi recipe below:
Egg Paratha Recipe, Egg Chapati Roll
Dough to make the paratha:
- 2 cups wheat flour/atta
- salt as per taste optional
- 1 tsp ghee/oil
- 1 cup water approx… to make the dough
To make the stuffing:
- 1 medium size onion very finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 beaten eggs
- salt – to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
To make the dough:
- Firstly, in a bowl, add wheat flour, add pinch of salt if required, add ghee/oil and mix it well.
- Add water gradually and knead it to make a soft dough.
- Cover and rest it aside for 5 minutes.
Make the stuffing:
- In a bowl, add finely chopped onions.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and finely chopped green chillies.
- Add beaten eggs into it.
- Add salt as per taste, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix it well.
Make and cook the paratha:
- Take a portion of the dough and make a round ball.
- Dust some flour on the rolling pin.
- Roll the dough into a small circular shape.
- Apply all over the roti.
- Fold the roti in such a way that it takes the shape of a square.
- Once again dust some flour on the rolling pin and roll the roti in the form of a square paratha.
- Heat the tawa/gridle.
- Place the paratha on the tawa and cook for few seconds.
- Add the beaten egg mixture on the paratha and spread the egg mixture fully.
- Cook for few minutes and fold the roti from one side and apply oil on the folded part.
- Fold the other end too and apply oil(watch the video below).
- Cook both the sides well and apply oil on the the outer area and cook the paratha well.
- Make sure the paratha and the egg mixture inside is cooked well.
- Cut it into two halves and serve it with ketchup or sauce!!!