Jeera water or cumin water is an excellent drink recipe to be to take any time of the day and it's a very healthy drink that can cure many problems. It can be related to weight loss and digestion which are common problems and this can serve the purpose to an extent.
Jeera or cumin seeds appear as tiny, thin, small brown color seeds like which is one of the highly used ingredient in Indian Kitchens.
Most of the Indian recipes are incomplete without using these ingredient. Cumin or cumin powder is used in almost all the indian pickles and pickles are incomplete without these main ingredient.
How to lose weight with jeera
Most of us have weight issues and most of us are conscious about the way we look and we try to adopt many methods which prove to work wonders in weight loss. Before going ahead check out some more related drinks such as apple cider vinegar for weight loss recipe.
- Doing regular exercises is a good habit.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet.
- Working out regularly.
- Cutting down oily food and fat-causing substances.
- Including a balanced diet and avoiding heavy and junk food.
- All these methods do work wonders but one thing to remember is never to stop following these habits after a certain point.
- The result of stopping these things can cause the body to double up in weight if these methods discontinue.
- Along with these, some substances help in reducing weight to an extent such as cumin, ajwain, ginger, honey and lemon water etc...
- These substances are warm to our body and help in burning the calories if used on empty stomach.
Who should follow these remedies
They work depending on the condition of the body as these are simple home remedies, one must remember they solve the problem to a small extent such as to make tummy flat or reduce 1 or 2 kgs in two to three months.
These cannot solve the problem of obese personalities as these are basic homemade remedies that can work on minute weight issues. Care should be taken before following these tips for weight loss as these may cause negative effects if the body is not suitable such as pregnant women and also if suffering from health-related issues or with any sort of allergies.
Never follow these tips unless recommended by a doctor and follow only with the doctor's suggestion. A healthy person with no issues can go for these methods.
How is cumin used in other ways
- Cumin or Jeera in India is used mostly in stir-frying veggies and in many healthy drinks. It is used in the form of whole spice or in tempering or in powdered form. It is mainly used in buttermilk to help improve digestion.
- This ingredient is sometimes used as a whole or in powdered form in most Indian recipes as it has an aromatic flavour and also improves the digestion process inside the body.
I have posted an article on how to make jeera powder or it can be called as cumin powder which is used in all the dal recipes, rice recipes and many more Indian Recipes.
It is one of the best aromatic spice to make use of in Indian curries and dishes. It is not only just an aromatic spice but it gives good taste to the dishes and has got many medicinal values...
Use cumin in various drinks and use in drinks as well for better digestion. Here jeera water is a simple two-ingredient drink that is quite popular as a weight loss drink.
Cumin water benefits
1. Jeera water prevents acidity.
2.It helps in improving memory power.
3.It helps in proper functioning of the digestive system.
4.It prevents from ageing and keeps our skin fresh and hydrated.
5.It helps in losing weight.
6.It helps in treating diarrhea.
7.It helps in keeping hair healthy and prevents dandruff.
8. Cumin water prevents from cancer and improves sugar levels.
9.It is also an excellent source of iron and also helps in strengthening our immune system.
10.It also helps in improving the metabolism.
Cumin drink can be consumed with cumin and honey or one can also drink it with lemon and cumin and all these are good weight loss remedies but too much consumption may affect your health.
It is better to consult the doctor before using any such drinks on a regular day to day basis.
Below are the recipe guidelines on how to make this simple and easy weight loss recipe which keeps you fresh and energetic and light all day.
Step by step procedure
- In a sauce pan, add a glass of water and cumin seeds or jeera.
- Put the flame on sim and allow the cumin seeds flavour to absorb into the water for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the drink. If the drink is too hot allow it to attain a lukewarm state or warm enough to consume the drink.
- Add 1 tsp, honey. It is better to add additional flavour and to cut down the cumin flavour and also honey aids in losing weight only if it is natural and organic which is 100% pure. If honey is not pure then it is better to skip the ingredient as it would not benefit at all.
- Add few lemon drops. Skip if you do not have a lemon. But adding all these ingredients helps the tummy to detoxify and cleanse it well.
- Serve or consume lukewarm and watch the video recipe below for cumin drink to lose weight...
Jeera Water Recipe For Weight Loss | Cumin Water Drink
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a sauce pan, add water and cumin seeds.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Put the flame on sim and allow the cumin seeds flavor to be absorbed into the water for about 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Strain the boiled jeera water.
- Discard the jeera seeds.
- Add the strained water into a glass.
- Add honey and stir well.
- Add few drops of lemon and stir well.
- Consume it on an empty stomach or after meals.
- Watch the video procedure below.
- Few lemon drops too can be added to the jeera water and consumed.
- Powdered cumin can be used in chaas/buttermilk or any drink to improve digestion.
- Skip adding honey if plain jeera water is preferred.
These tips or remedies show the results in 2 to 3 months if followed weekly thrice or alternate days on an empty stomach.
Also, follow a balanced diet and avoid cutting down junk food, oily food, chocolates, sweet substances and carbohydrates such as rice etc...
Include oats, roti, jowar, drinking lots of water, vegetables and fruits along with these tips which could give good results.
This jeera water drink is quite simple in making and is a 5-minute recipe. Cumin or jeera is a very common Indian spice and is used in many Indian recipes.
Check out some more weight loss drinks such as tulsi tea, ajwain water for weight loss, ginger water for weight loss etc and also other healthy drinks like beetroot juice, dates milkshake, amla juice, aloe vera juice etc...
It does not cause any constipation and in fact, cumin seeds are good for digestion and I highly suggest using this spice in Indian cooking mainly in every curry dish as it is good for health.
Yes, the seeds are a good remedy to treat many body-related issues which promotes good digestion, nausea related issues. It is also a great remedy for bloating issues too.
Just take some seeds and have them directly which is beneficial for the human body in a good way.
Just consume it empty stomach and make it in several other ways apart from the method mentioned here.
Just soak some seeds in a glass of water overnight and consume the drink on an empty stomach. Following this can not only help in good bowel movement but also with digestive issues as well.
Do not use it in excess as this can lead to heartburn and also do not follow these drinks with health issues or during pregnancies.
Yes, but the result can be good only if the cumin seeds infuse well in the water and this is possible by soaking the seeds overnight in water . For best results, use warm water.