Lauki ka juice is an effective weight loss drink and a healthy drink which keeps the body cool and a wonderful summer drink recipe.
Summers are back and this drink is not only good during summer but all through the year. It has got lots of health benefits and this is one of the main reasons for me to share this healthy coolant drink on the blog.
This summer cold drink is made using lauki commonly called as doodhi or dudhi and it is long light green in color. It is also called as bottle gourd and is a miracle vegetable for a good health.
Not many of us aware of this vegetable, its benefits and how to make use of this vegetable and there are many recipes to make using lauki/dudhi.
I have already shared some of the lauki recipes on the blog such as kaddu ki kheer, lauki ki sabji, kaddu ka dalcha etc…
This vegetable is also called as kaddu in some parts of India. Today, I have come up with an interesting juice recipe which is slightly tangy and tastes similar to the pani of pani puri.
Since lauki helps in weight loss, making it in the form of juice is more effective and drinking it on an empty stomach everyday.
I have added powerful ingredients into this recipe which help in good digestion, burning fat and therefore reducing weight.
Lauki juice has got lots of health advantages:
1. It helps in losing weight.
2. Prevents constipation by helping in better digestion.
3. If there are any heart problems then lauki prevents them.
4. It treats various tummy problems, this lauki ka juice is very cool to our tummy and a good drink to have when we do workouts as well.
5. It has got high content of water and restores our body with water content.
6. It is one of the best healthy vegetables and is high in Vitamin C and calcium and also many more minerals and nutrients.
7. Always make its juice only if lauki is sweet. Do not make its juice if lauki is bitter.
8. It relieves us from stress and any sleep disorders.
9. Having this drink in the form of fresh juice is preferred and I suggest not to store or refrigerate and consume it fresh.
10. Always taste the bottle gourd before making the juice and throw away the lauki if it tastes bitter.
Overall using this vegetable as a juice or making it as chutneys or curries or in koftas or kababs is a good idea to include lauki in our diet and mainly using it raw in the form of a drink or a juice is the best option.
Lauki ka juice recipe for weight loss:
lauki ka juice, lauki juice recipe for weight loss
- 1 small bowl lauki pieces peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves/hara dhaniya
- 2 tbsp mint leaves/pudina
- 1 very small piece of ginger peeled
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp kala namak/black salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cup water chilled or normal
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Firstly, take a juice jar or a blending jar.
- Into it, add lauki pieces.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, pudina, ginger piece.
- Add lemon extract into it.
- Add salt and black salt into it.
- Add chilled water or normal water as per preference.
- Add ice cubes if it is summer.
- Blend the drink for 3-4 minutes.
- Take the juice jar out.
- Take a glass, strain the juice into the glass.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!!!
2. Do not make the juice if the lauki is bitter in taste.
3. Also one can add amla pieces and some pepper powder too while blending the drink in order to make it a more effective weight loss drink.
4. Do not store or refrigerate the drink and always consume this immediately when it is fresh.
5. Including this juice regularly helps in weight control and also it acts as a wonderful coolant to our body.
6. Do not add ice cubes if it isn't a summer season. Add ice cubes only during summers.