Mutton korma recipe is a shahi recipe made with mutton and nutty paste and is full of rich and creamy ingredients. This mutton korma goes very well with pulao recipes or even with plain cooked rice. I like to make many korma recipes be it with vegetables or non-vegetarian and this non-veg mutton korma is absolutely delicious and lip-smacking one!!!
Related non veg recipes:
This recipe is perfect to be made during festivals or any gatherings or any ceremonies or during occasions. This kind of recipe is usually made in Hyderabad or Lucknow or in Pakistan.
This recipe takes in many ingredients and it has to be made with patience. I like to make mutton with a combination of aloo or potatoes and I must say the combo of aloo and mutton is the best...
I try most of the mutton recipes including potato and this mutton korma is made by adding potatoes...
The recipe takes in ingredients such as desiccated coconut, cashews, almonds, yoghurt, onions, chironji/charoli seeds etc... However, there are many variations for the masala added to make a various paste for korma recipes.
Non Veg korma recipes can be made in many ways from simple to complicated by using few ingredients to many ingredients... Muslim families make korma recipes quite often and have them with pulao recipes...
This shahi korma is one of my favourite recipes and is made regularly at home by my family members and is a very yummy recipe. In Hyderabad, korma recipes are usually given a final touch of coriander/dhania patta and mint/pudina leaves which give the best flavour to the dish.
I suggest adding fresh herbs as they decide the main flavor of the dish and also I use pepper powder to give extra flavor to the recipe.
Read the recipe details on how to make shahi mutton korma recipe below...
Mutton Korma Recipe Shahi
- 500 gms mutton/meat cut into pieces cleaned and washed well
- 2 medium size aloo/potatoes peeled and diced in medium size
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 cinnamon stick medium size
- 2 cardamoms
- 2-3 cloves
- salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon roasted coriander seeds powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper corn powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice extract
- 2-3 slit green chillies
- 2 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
For mutton korma paste:
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 3-4 cashewnuts kaju
- 3-4 almonds badaam
- 4-5 charoli seeds chironji
- 3 onions medium size finely sliced
- 1 cup yogurt
- Firstly, clean the mutton, wash it well and marinate it by adding salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a vessel add water, salt, diced potatoes and boil them.
For korma paste:
- Take a pan, heat it, add desiccated coconut pieces, dry roast it for few minutes and put it aside.
- Into the same pan add almonds, dry roast them and take them out.
- Add cashews, dry roast them and take them out of the pan.
- Add charoli seeds, dry roast for few seconds and remove them.
- Add sliced onions into the pan, add little oil all over the onions and roast for few minutes until they turn slight brown and take them out.
- Take a blender, into it add roasted coconut, kaju, badam, charoli seeds(chironji), blend into a powder, add roasted onions at this stage, blend everything into a paste by adding very little water.
For cooking the mutton korma:
- Take a cooking vessel or pressure cooker, add oil and heat it.
- Add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamoms, add slit green chillies and saute well.
- Add marinated mutton mixture and mix well.
- Roast the mutton well for few minutes until oil starts leaving the sides.
- Add the blended korma paste, mix well.
- Cook it for few minutes on low flame by covering the lid.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Cook until oil leaves the sides of the masala.
- At this stage add beaten yogurt, mix well.
- Add coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, mix well.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add water about two to three cups and pressure cook the mutton or cook the mutton until it gets tender.
- Check if the mutton gets tenderized.
- Add the boiled potatoes into the korma.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves and check the taste for salt.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add lemon extracted juice all over the korma and mix.
- Serve hot with pulao or rice or roti!!!
Perfect explanation of " MUTTON KORMA RECIPE SHAHI ".
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.