Mughlai Chicken Korma Curry is yet another dish with full of creamy rich flavor of yogurt and all the nutty ingredients that are added into it to make this mouth watering Korma recipe.
Kormas are always a part of Muslim households and they are made usually during occasions. They are always eaten with parathas, Naans or rotis or special pulav or bagara rice.
This Mughlai chicken curry is surely going to be a favorite for trying out from my blog as it one of the mouth watering recipes.
This Mughlai chicken curry is usually prepared with lots of nutty ingredients, also adding yogurt to it to give a creamy touch to it. Mughlai food is known for its richness. It is famous for the exotic use of spices, dried fruit and nuts.
Mughlai cuisine is a style of cooking developed by the imperial kitchens of the Muslim Mughal Empire. It represents the cooking styles used in North India (especially Uttar Pradesh and Delhi), Pakistan, and the Indian city of Hyderabad.
The Mughals did everything in style and splendour. Since they ate very rich food they reduced the number of intake during the day. That is the reason why Mughlai recipes are rich in fat, carbohydrates and proteins.
Lets take a look at what goes into making this delicious Mughlai Chicken Korma Curry.
Detailed Instructions on Mughlai Chicken Korma Recipe Below:
Mughlai Chicken Korma Curry Recipe
- 1 kg chicken washed and cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- salt - to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 slit green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp extracted lemon juice
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
For the Korma Paste:
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 tbsp cashewnuts
- 1 cup onions finely sliced
- 1 tsp chironji seeds charoli in english
- Firstly in a pan dry roast grated coconut, dry roast cashewnuts, almonds, chironji and rest it aside to cool.
- In the meanwhile, heat oil in a sauce pan, add the sliced onions and fry till slight golden brown.
- In a blender, grind and powder all the roasted ingredients which are grated coconut, almonds, cashewnuts, chironji .
- To the blended powder add the fried onions and make a fine paste by adding little water.
- In a separate cooking pot, heat oil, add ginger garlic paste, add the chicken pieces and roast until a change in color appears.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix well, cover the lid and cook for few minutes.
- Add the blended paste mix well and cook until oil appears at the sides.
- Add few drops of water if the masala sticks to the bottom of the cooking pot.
- Add beaten yogurt, mix well and cook until chicken gets tender.
- Add Garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves and cook for few minutes.
- Switch off the stove.
- Lastly add lemon juice to the korma.
- Serve hot with Naan /Pulav.
Also be careful while cooking the masala as the masala usually sticks to the bottom.
Keep checking while the masala is cooking.
It is optional to dry roast almonds, cashewnuts and chironji.
They enhance the taste if they are added as roasted.