Bhuna Chicken Recipe is a roasted gravy chicken curry and that is called bhuna(roasted) which is sauteed well in chopped onions and slowly cooked to get that saucy gravy. Here to make the chicken I have only used chopped onions and not the tomatoes to get the gravy and into it I have also added yogurt for extra flavor.
Do check out some more interesting recipes below:
Also check out another chicken delicacy which is chicken 65 hyderabadi style with gravy.
This bhuna chicken is liked by many as a side dish to roti recipes and can also be eaten along with rice. We need to use large quantity of onions to get the gravy and have to keep roasting this recipe on medium flame and then finally tenderizing the chicken on low flame.
One can also prefer to eat this stir fried chicken roast along with naan too. I would like to update another version of bhuna chicken with tomatoes but here I have given the directions using two ingredients that are chopped onions and yogurt.
This recipe is made mostly across north india side and can be made with many variations. Adding spices to the dish makes it even more tastier .
This recipe is mostly a roasted form slow cooking recipe. The more we roast the better it tastes.
I also promised my readers of updating many chicken recipes and shall be updating hundreds of chicken varieties if my readers like yummyindiankitchen recipes.
There are lots of chicken curry recipes and chicken starters and chicken varieties just don't end and I don't want to stop writing for my blog and give you guys the best of recipes which are tried and tested by me.
Do check out the recipe details of bhuna chicken below and do comment below if you liked the recipe.
Bhuna Chicken Recipe
- 500 gms chicken cleaned and washed well with lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 6 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon beaten yogurt
- salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper corn powder kali mirch powder
- 3 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a cooking vessel, add oil and heat it.
- Add finely sliced onions into it, cook them until they start turning golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste recipe and saute for few minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces into it and roast it well until the chicken changes its color.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix, cover the lid and cook the masala well until oil starts appearing at the corners.
- Add beaten yogurt, mix well and cook for few minutes or until oil starts leaving.
- Add roasted coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, add fresh coriander leaves into it and mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook the chicken until it is tenderized or for about 20 minutes on low flame.
- Do not cook on high flame as the base masala starts burning and ruins the taste of the gravy.
- Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice over it.
2.When it is done with adding all the masalas then slowly cook the chicken until it is done.
3.Roasting well gives the taste of true bhuna chicken.
4.If one thinks that the base is burning then adding little water and cooking is preferred.
5.Do not add too much of beaten yogurt as the chicken turns into a thin consistency.
Looks like the onions are too much...
it gives good gravy and you can reduce the quantity of onions if needed and balance it by adding lemon juice in the end...
The onions are the bade for gravy, so I think the quantity is correct. If sautéed correctly, they will make a homogeneous gravy.
I meant base, not bade.
What size chicken pieces? Where is your recipe for ginger garlic paste? Why do u not have “search “? Way too many recipes to look through
You can use small or medium size pieces to make it and not large. I have shared the ginger garlic paste on my blog and will soon enable the search bar for you to look through my recipes...Sorry for the trouble....
Would it be better if I marinate the chicken overnight? If yes, what all should I put in the marinate? Thanks!
yes u can marinate it overnight with herbs, spices n yogurt if you wish to.