Bhuna Chicken Recipe is a roasted gravy chicken curry and that is called as bhuna(roasted) which is sauteed well in chopped onions and slowly cooked to get that saucy gravy.
Do check out some more interesting chicken recipes below:
- Chicken Curry Recipe
- Methi chicken recipe
- Andhra chicken fry
- Nadan chicken curry
- Chicken kurma
- Mughlai chicken korma recipe
- chinese fried rice
Also check out another chicken delicacy which is chicken 65 hyderabadi style with gravy.
Here to make the bhuna chicken I have only used chopped onions and not the tomatoes to get the gravy and into it I have also added yogurt for extra flavor.
This bhuna chicken is liked by many as a side dish to roti recipes and can also be eaten along with rice. We need to use large quantity of onions to get the gravy and have to keep roasting this recipe on medium flame and then finally tenderizing the chicken on low flame.
One can also prefer to eat this bhuna chicken roast along with naan too. I would like to update another version of bhuna chicken with tomatoes but here I have given the directions using two ingredients that are chopped onions and yogurt.
This recipe is made mostly across north india side and can be made with many variations. Adding spices to the dish makes it even more tastier .
I also promised my readers of updating many chicken recipes and shall be updating hundreds of chicken varieties if my readers like yummyindiankitchen recipes.
There are lots of chicken curry recipes and chicken starters and chicken varieties just don’t end and I don’t want to stop writing for my blog and give you guys the best of recipes which are tried and tested by me.
Do check out the recipe details of bhuna chicken below and do comment below if you liked the recipe of our’s.
Bhuna Chicken Recipe Below:
- 500 gms chicken cleaned and washed well with lemon juice
- 3 tbsp oil
- 6 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp beaten yogurt
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp black pepper corn powder(kali mirch powder)
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a cooking vessel, add oil and heat it.
- Add finely sliced onions into it, cook them until they start turning golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste recipe and saute for few minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces into it and roast it well until the chicken changes its color.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix, cover the lid and cook the masala well until oil starts appearing at the corners.
- Add beaten yogurt, mix well and cook for few minutes or until oil starts leaving.
- Add roasted coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, add fresh coriander leaves into it and mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook the chicken until it is tenderized or for about 20 minutes on low flame.
- Do not cook on high flame as the base masala starts burning and ruins the taste of the gravy.
- Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice over it.
2.When it is done with adding all the masalas then slowly cook the chicken until it is done.
3.Roasting well gives the taste of true bhuna chicken.
4.If one thinks that the base is burning then adding little water and cooking is preferred.
5.Do not add too much of beaten yogurt as the chicken turns into a thin consistency.