Chicken Kurma Recipe is an authentic Indian style chicken kurma made using rich ingredients using dry fruits and cooking the chicken until it is done.
Do check out some more kurma recipes below:
- Mutton Kurma or mutton korma
- Aloo Kurma or potato kurma
- Hyderabadi chicken korma
- chicken kurma
- veg kurma or veg korma
This chicken kurma or chicken khurma is so delicious and tastes amazing with rice or bagara rice or pulao recipes. It has a lot of ingredients that go into making this recipe and I must say that this is a must try chicken curry recipe.
Also check out other indian chicken recipes on the blog which are chicken 65 gravy in hyderabadi style, chicken liver fry , chicken fried rice, chilli chicken, chicken manchurian, chicken pulao, chicken cutlet, kfc style popcorn chicken.
Chicken kurma recipe here is made using onion paste, dry fruits paste and yogurt and is almost like a mughlai chicken recipe. Here chicken has been slowly cooked for good flavor with lots of spices and masala paste.
Chicken korma can be made in various ways and this recipe is one among them. Chicken curries and chicken korma recipes can be made with many variations and making chicken dishes in every unique way is a delight for me.
This chicken recipe needs some patience to make the masala, deep fry the onions and slowly cooking the chicken for a long time.
This chicken korma can be made thick or thin depending on how one prefers to make the dish. I prefer to keep it medium and accordingly water can be added.
The korma recipe is always a creamy, juicy kind of a recipe as it needs rich ingredients into making it. This is a perfect recipe to make during occasions and festivals.
Chicken curries are always a preference during gatherings and festivals and this recipe can be made during eid as well. These kind of korma recipes are quite common in muslim households and such recipes were common during mughal era too.
Nizams and Nawabs preferred to eat rich and nutritious cuisines and this chicken korma recipe is similar to such recipes. This surely is a lip smacking recipe.
The fragrance in the recipe comes out through aromatic whole spices and garam masala which totally lifts up the flavors in the dish.
Learn how to make chicken kurma recipe below :
Chicken Kurma Recipe Indian
- 750 gms chicken cleaned and washed well
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3-4 vertically slit green chillies
- 1 small cinnamon stick dalchini
- 2 cloves loung
- 2 cardamoms elaichi
- 1 bay leaf tej patta
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder kali mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice extract
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
For The Korma Paste:
- 3 tbsp deep fried onion paste
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut dry roasted
- 4-5 cashewnuts kaju slightly roasted
- 3-4 almonds badaam slightly roasted
- 1 tsp chironji charoli seeds slightly roasted
- 1 tsp khus - khus poppy seeds dry roasted for few seconds
- 1 cup beaten yogurt
Blending The Korma Paste:
- Firstly, to make this recipe deep fry the onions, take them out, dry them and make a paste of the deep fried onions by adding few drops of water and put it aside.
- For the korma paste, take the blender, into it add roasted coconut, roasted kaju and badaam, roasted chironji seeds, roasted khus khus, blend them into a fine powder, add little water and make a paste and put it aside.
Making The Korma:
- Take a cooking vessel, add oil and heat it, add cinnamon stick, add cloves, cardamoms, bay leaf into it and saute well.
- Add chicken pieces into it and roast it until a change in color appears.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt to taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, green chillies, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add blended paste of ( roasted coconut, kaju, badaam, chironji, khus khus) into the chicken.
- Add the deep fried onion paste into it, mix and cook the whole mixture on sim flame until oil starts appearing at the corners.
- Add beaten yogurt into it, mix and cook for few minutes.
- Add garam masala powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder, mix.
- Add little water as per the thickness preferred if the gravy is too thick.
- Cook till the chicken gets tender and do not cook on high flame as the masala may burn at the bottom.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and cook for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice into it and mix well.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
2.Add water depending on the desired consistency.