The name of the recipe pepper mutton itself is quite mouth watering and today I would like to share an interesting version of mutton recipe and the name pepper says it all.
Related mutton recipes:
- mutton fry
- mutton keema
- mutton korma
- mutton biryani recipe
- mutton biryani hyderabadi style
- mutton gravy
- mutton curry
Here, I have used black pepper corn powder to bring the spicy flavor and also to give a hot spicy taste to the routine mutton gravy with a twist and black pepper has got amazing medicinal values and its healthy to use it in recipes…
I have made the pepper mutton masala in a regular style but usually red chilli powder is added into the curry and here I have chosen to add green chillies and black pepper to bring the spicy flavor out of the mutton gravy.
Pepper mutton recipe is quite common down south as well as in andhra region. Whenever we make mutton recipes, the quality of the meat has to be fine and red.
There are various versions of making mutton recipes and each region follows its own method and procedure but the outcome is always perfect.
In this mutton pepper masala I have made the masala by using onions, tomatoes and green chillies and black pepper which is perfect for winters and rainy.
The recipe goes quite well with roti/chapati as well as rice…Mutton gravies are common in hyderabad and all across south india and it is used to make curries and is also used to make many rice delicacies and used to make kababs too…
Mutton if cut into medium pieces and not large then the dish comes out perfectly and also the mutton tends to cook faster and also juicier…Large mutton chunks take long time to cook.
In order to make mutton pepper masala, making use of small or medium mutton chunks is necessary as cooking mutton prefectly blended with all the spices gives out a perfect and yummy taste.
Mutton or meat usually tastes best with rice delicacies and whenever we get meat at home I try to make best recipes of mutton so that I can share with my blog readers and also I try to make curries that are suitable to be eaten with rice…
Below are the recipe details on how to make pepper mutton recipe or mutton pepper masala which is spicy and hot with the main ingredient being pepper in the gravy…
Pepper mutton recipe south indian style below:
- 250 gms mutton chunks/meat cut into medium pieces, cleaned and washed
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 3-4 medium size onions, finely sliced
- 3 vertically slit green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- salt - to taste
- 4 medium size tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper corn powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 4-5 curry leaves(optional)
- 1 bunch fresh fenugreek leaves/methi leaves
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker, add oil and heat it.
- Into it add sliced onions and saute for few minutes until they turn soft.
- Into it, add slit green chillies and saute.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and saute well to get rid of raw smell.
- Add mutton chunks and roast them until a change in color appears.
- Add tomatoes, salt as per taste and mix well.
- Add black pepper corn powder according to the quantity mentioned, add coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder and mix.
- Add coriander leaves, curry leaves, methi leaves and mix everything well.
- Cook the whole mixture for about 5-10 minutes on low flame.
- Add about 1 or 1½ cups of water and pressure cook the whole pepper masala until the mutton gets tender or cook until it gets soft.
- Reduce the steam.
- Cook for few more minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati!!!
Have you tried or liked this recipe? If yes, then do drop your comments below and give us your feedback and also if you have any queries then do ask your questions in the comments section regarding the recipe and I shall try to reply your queries as soon as possible…