Mutton Keema Recipe is a gravy curry recipe made with minced meat or it is usually called as mutton kheema or mutton keema. It is a super delicious recipe often made in Hyderabad.
Also check more mutton recipes:
- Mutton Kurma Recipe
- Mutton Haleem Hyderabadi
- Ambur Style Mutton Biryani
- Spicy Mutton Gravy
- Pepper mutton curry recipe
- mutton biryani recipe
- hyderabadi mutton biryani
- shami kabab
- mutton curry
When the meat is minced or made into a keema, it should be minced thickly and not machine minced. Thickly minced meat tastes the best.
Mutton kheema or mutton keema tastes best along with hot rotis or parathas. But, the mutton keema made here can be eaten with steamed rice, khatti dal and mutton kheema as an accompaniment or a side dish.
There are few recipes that taste best when made with keema of mutton such as mutton kofta, shimla mirch keema etc…
This is a common hyderabadi keema curry but made with different variations and in hyderabad keema is usually eaten along with moong dal khichdi as a breakfast recipe.
There are many more recipes to be made with keema and I shall update them as I continue writing recipes for my blog.
This keema curry is made using chopped onions and chopped tomatoes and also added into them are few spices which are available handy at home. The keema curry is pressure cooked which could make our work easy.
The minced meat or keema chosen from fresh red meat tastes good and therefore, chosing a good quality keema is very necessary.
This recipe can be tried with chicken keema as well and similar process can be followed to make the keema with boneless chicken as well. These keema recipes can always be made as morning breakfast curries and served with indian flat breads like roti or chapati.
Keema curry tastes as good as keema paratha and keema balls. I have also added very few methi/fenugreek leaves into the recipe and it is totally optional but I suggest few leaves to be added to get a very yummy flavor from those fresh leaves.
Do check out the delicious and a wonderful side dish curry for roti or parathas below…
Video procedure for mutton keema in hyderabadi style:
Mutton Keema Recipe Below:
Mutton Keema Recipe or Keema Curry
- 500 gms minced meat/keema/kheema
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 2 vertically slit green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt -to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper corn powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves/kothmir
- 1/4 tsp crushed kasoori methi/dried fenugreek leaves
- Firstly, wash mutton keema and strain out the excess water from the keema with a strainer.
- Take a pressure cooker or a cooking vessel.
- Into it, add oil and heat it.
- Add sliced onions, green chillies and saute until the onions turn very slight brown color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute to get rid of raw smell.
- Add mutton keema into it and roast well.
- Roast it until the keema changes its color and there is no water remaining.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mix it and roast it for few minutes and cook until oil appears at the sides.
- Add chopped tomatoes, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, mix and cook until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add about one and a half cups of water, mix it well.
- Pressure cook the keema for 3 whistles on sim flame or cook them until it gets tender.
- Reduce the steam.
- Add fresh coriander leaves, crushed kasoori methi and mix.
- Cook for few minutes if there is any water remaining.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve it with roti, rice or paratha!!!