Chicken keema recipe is a hyderabadi style keema recipe which is made in a simple method using onions and tomatoes.
It is not mainly a Hyderabadi style of making but can also be seen made using the same style in several parts of the country with slight variations here and there.
There are several other variety indian chicken recipes on the blog that could be tried watching my recipe videos are tandoori chicken recipe, chicken seekh kabab, chicken tikka recipe, chicken spring rolls, chicken cutlets, chicken dum biryani in oven, how to make chicken biryani, chicken fried rice, chilli chicken, chicken manchurian, kadai chicken recipe.
We often think of only mutton keema whenever we think of keema recipe but not many know that chicken keema is also used.
This keema is nothing but the minced form of boneless chicken and it is not made often as most of the people prefer to use mutton keema rather than chicken ka keema.
I would suggest to try this recipe out which goes good with roti or parathas or phulka.
This is a perfect side dish for many of the main course recipes and it takes less time to cook compared to mutton as well.
Here I have tried to make chicken keema in a curry form by adding onions and tomatoes and the onions have been cooked brown and then used in the curry.
But this is only one of the ways to make keema and it can be also stir fried or roasted as an accompaniment to roti or chapati.
With time I shall be uploading many more non veg recipes for my viewers to enjoy and please leave your feedback on our recipes too…
In Hyderabad usually these kind of recipes are made for morning breakfast where they are served with chapati and most of the non veg recipes like mutton keema, chicken keema, bheja fry etc…are served with morning roti.
I am sure most of us might be doubtful on how this would taste but trust me it tastes awesome and this should be definitely tried as a side dish to indian flat breads.
We can also make other several recipes like keema biryani too or this keema can be added in rolls.
Pressure cooking the chicken keema:
Here, I have followed a slow cooked method but, one can also use pressure cooking method to make this recipe. For slow cooking method I have added 2 cups of water, but to cook the keema in pressure cooker, adding 3/4 cup of water and pressure cooking for 1 whistle would be more quick in making and obtaining the same taste. At the end, do add flavorful spices such as black pepper corn powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves and then cook for few more minutes before switching off the flame.
Below is the recipe on how to make this simple keema recipe in slow cooking method.
How to make chicken keema:
chicken keema recipe, hyderabadi keema curry
- 1 kg boneless chicken mince boneless chicken keema
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions finely sliced
- 3 slit green chillies
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 4-5 to matoes finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper corn powder kali mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
Wash the keema:
- Firstly, wash the boneless chicken keema well.
- Strain the keema using a strainer so that there is no water inside the keema and the keema is roasted well while roasting.
- Place it aside.
Making of chicken keema:
- Take a large wok, add oil into it and heat it.
- Into it add sliced onions and saute them for few minutes.
- Add slit green chillies, salt as per taste, mix and saute well for few minutes.
- Cook and keep sauteing the onions until they turn golden color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute the paste until raw smell disappears.
- Add the boneless chicken keema into the wok.
- Mix well.
- Roast the keema for few minutes until keema changes its color.
- Keep stirring in between while roasting.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mix well and cook the keema for few minutes until oil leaves the sides.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mix well and cook until tomatoes get soft, pulpy and they should get completely mixed with the keema curry.
- Add water and cook the keema on medium to low flame until it gets soft and tenderized and keep stirring in between.
- Add kali mirch powder, garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves, mix well.
- Cook the chicken keema for about 5 minutes and also make sure no water remains.
- If there is any water remaining, cook it for few more minutes by keeping the lid uncovered on low flame.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with roti, chapathi or paratha.
2. To make chicken keema always prefer boneless section of the chicken.
3. Wash the keema well and it is must to strain the keema before cooking. If there is water content inside the keema then the chicken does not get roasted well and it does not taste good with raw smell in the keema.
4. Therefore roasting it well while cooking before adding water is a must step to make chicken or mutton keema taste yum.
5. I have used slow cooking method to make the keema here. However, if one wants to pressure cook then instead of adding 2 cups water, just add 3/4 cup water and pressure cook for 1 whistle, reduce the steam, remove the lid and then add coriander leaves, garam, masala, kali mirch powder, cook for few minutes, roast well, switch off the flame and serve.