Sweet lassi recipe here is made in hyderabadi style and hyderabadi lassi is a very popular lassi in summer season in Hyderabad.
I would love to share this special sweet lassi from hyderabad which is made in a different way .
This lassi is as popular in hyderabad as punjabi lassi in northern india. In this sweet lassi we make use of rooh afza, which is a special syrup mostly used in all kinds of drinks to enhance the flavor.
I am sure that the recipe which I would be sharing here would be the best coolant recipe for summers as it takes in all the cold ingredients like yogurt/dahi, ice cream, rooh afza etc… which would give us a refreshing feeling after having it mainly in the scorching heat.
Hyderabadi lassi is a little bit different from punjabi lassi as punjabi lassi takes in kesar and cardamom flavor whereas hyderabadi lassi uses the aroma and flavor of rooh afza drink, khoya, ice cream to make the lassi very rich and energizing.
It takes in all the sweet ingredients to make a perfect sweet lassi recipe. Summer days are incomplete without having coolants and drinking different summer coolants keeps us hydrated and helps in keeping our tummy cool and also keeps us relaxed.
Dahi is the best main ingredient that can be used in summers to try out various recipes with it and many recipes can be made with yogurt/curd and combine it with parathas or rice or taken plain.
Rooh afza is a special syrup mainly available in Indian grocery stores but it can also be replaced with rose syrup if this is not available in International stores.
Below are the recipe details for sweet lassi recipe in hyderabadi style which is rich and nutritious and also gives a nutty feel of dry fruits too….
Sweet lassi in Hyderabadi style:
Sweet Lassi Recipe Hyderabadi
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3-4 tbsp rooh afza drink
- 3-4 tbsp sugar as required
- ice cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 scoop of ice cream any flavor
- 2 tbsp khoya/mawa
- 1 tbsp coarsely crushed dry fruits Kaju, badam, pista
- Firstly, in a blender add in yogurt, sugar, rooh afza syrup and blend it for few seconds.
- After blending, into it add some water, ice cubes and blend it for a minute.
- Take a glass, add the blended sweet lassi into the glass.
- Add some khoya/mawa into the glass and mix it.
- Add some crushed dry fruits over the lassi.
- Lastly, garnish it with a scoop of ice cream of any delicious flavor.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!!!