Onion Raita Recipe is a simple side dish and yet very essential accompaniment made with Biryani. Onion Raita is made with curd and onions into it.
I often make onion raita as an accompaniment with biryani be it hyderabadi chicken biryani or hyderabadi mutton biryani or hyderabadi veg biryani or hyderabadi egg biryani and the raita which is made here gives a traditional touch to it.
Onion Raita Recipe is very flavorful and a best option to be accompanied with spicy rice varieties such as pulao, tahari or biryani recipes.
The recipe of raita is quite simple and can be made in minutes. We just need yogurt and few chopped onions as the basic ingredients.
Whenever we are not willing to eat curd then onion raita or any other raita variation is the best option.
In Hyderabadi households whenever biryani recipes are made, side dishes such as mirchi ka salan, bagara baingan or raita recipes such as onion raita recipe or carrot raita recipe is made.
Biryani rice varities which are generally spicy and can be eaten plain, but if eaten along with raita keeps the tummy cool and also keeps away from other acidity problems.
The raita can be modified in many ways and many raita variations can be made by adding different ingredients and making the raita very colorful.
The raita varieties are cucumber raita, boondi raita, mint raita, pineapple raita, fruit raita etc and I would be glad to update my blog with raita variants and keep you updated with many more Indian Recipes.
Raita is perfect for summers and the the plain curd or yogurt can be eaten by making it as a raita and enjoy our summers with this cool preparation.
Most importantly rice varieties are incomplete without this simple and easy raita recipe or any sort of raita recipe.
Let us check out the simple procedure on making raita recipe for biryani.
How To Make Onion Raita Recipe Below:
Onion Raita Recipe For Biryani
- 2 cups yogurt or curd
- 1 medium sized onion very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste optional
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 slit green chillies
- salt - to taste
- Firstly, make a paste of mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies by adding a pinch of salt and rest it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add the yogurt, beat the yogurt well without any lumps.
- Into it add salt and mix well.
- Add ginger garlic paste as an optional ingredient.
- Add the paste of mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chillies which was blended.
- Mix the mixture well.
- Add the finely chopped onions and mix them.
- Check the taste for salt.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it chilled with biryani!!!
2.But to keep it simple adding onions is a good option. Add as much amount of chopped onions as per your requirement.
3.If one is not willing to make a paste then, just add finely chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies.