Vegetable kurma is a traditional south indian curry recipe made using mixed vegetables such as beans, potatoes, carrots, peas etc. The recipe is shared with a detailed procedure and a video. Other curry recipes or korma recipes from my blog that are interesting and that should be tried are potato kurma, egg kurma etc...
Here I have shared this special south indian cuisine with a step by step video procedure...Korma recipes are quite common and they are good to go with rotis, parathas and even rice.
They are made with different versions and they use a lot of different masalas in different versions.
Here, I am bringing the best traditional version of the kurma which is perfect to be eaten with rice or roti. It has been made with different vegetables and masalas.
There are many methods to make this veg koma and here I am posting one of the common methods and shall be posting other variations too as I keeep continuing.
I have been wanting to post this kurma long back but could not as I was updating other recipes too. I love to make korma recipes be it with egg, veggies, chicken, mutton etc.
Every version of the korma tastes better and hope to post many more special kurma recipes to be tried by vegetarians and non vegetarians.
Here I have made use of some veggies and the masala paste that is used here is of freshly grated coconut, cashewnut nuts, poppy seeds(khus khus) etc.
This is a very simple veg korma recipe and not very complicated and the veggies should be cooked, mixed with the masala paste and they should be cooked together and served with roti, parotta or phulkas.
Below I shall be sharing a simple version of south indian style vegetable kurma which is easy to make and I am showing the video version of the kurma along with detailed written procedure.
Hope my blog readers try it out and do give us your feedback on this recipe.
vegetable kurma recipe | vegetable korma for rice and chapati
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 2 medium size onions finely chopped
- 3 green chillies vertically slit
- 1 to mato finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 medium size potatoes finely diced
- 2 carrots finely sliced
- 8-10 beans finely chopped
- ½ cup green peas/matar
- 2 cups water
For the korma paste:
- 3 tablespoon freshly grated coconut
- 8-10 cashewnuts/kaju
- 1 teaspoon roasted poppy seeds/khus khus
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds/saunf
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds powder
- 3 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander leaves
Make korma paste:
- In a jar, add freshly grated coconut, kaju, khus-khus, fennel seeds, make a powder.
- Add little water and make a paste out of it.
Making of veg korma:
- In a wok add oil and heat it.
- Into it add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cardamoms, cloves and saute.
- Add chopped onions, saute until soft.
- Add slit green chillies and saute for few more minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and cook till soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute to get rid of the raw smell.
- Add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix well and cook the mix for few minutes until oil leaves the masala.
- Add diced potatoes, chopped carrots, chopped beans, green peas, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and cook the vegetables until soft.
- Add korma paste into the cooked vegetables.
- Mix and cook the korma for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Mix well, add garam masala powder, coriander seeds powder, mix.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook the veg kurma on low flame until oil leaves the korma.
- Watch the video procedure above.
2.The veggies here are cooked while making korma, but the veggies can be separately boiled in salt water or pressure cooked to cook it more quickly.
Leave a Reply