Carrot fry recipe is a veg stir fry vegetable recipe often goes well with phulka or chapati and is a healthy side dish to be included in our diet once in a while.
Carrots are good for health and we all are familiar with the benefits that come along with carrot.
Carrots can be utilised to make various recipes like carrot juice , carrot halwa with milkmaid and several other which I would be glad enough to share few more carrot recipes as I continue blogging.
Carrots can be fried, made into a pickle, made into soup or salad etc... Here, in this recipe I have stir fried carrots by giving a basic south indian tempering and I have not used coconut while frying...
In andhra region it is called as carrot vepudu or in tamilnadu region it is called as carrot poriyal...
Veg stir fries can also be done by giving a touch of coconut and I would be sharing those versions of recipes too...
Other veg stir fry recipes on the blog are karela fry etc...
Carrots are good for vision that is eyesight and its a healthy option to try them out in any way that would benefit our body. Making juice out of it is an healthy option too.
But drinking only juices and milkshakes are too boring and trying recipes like carrot fry and serving along with chapathi is a wonderful option.
Carrots are used in combination with many vegetables like potatoes, peas, beans and in many more vegetables. They make a great combination with many vegetables and the taste too is enhanced by using this veggie in combination with other vegetables...
The carrot stir fry is made in a simple manner with basic spices and with basic south indian style tempering which would make us like the dish even more with phulkas or chapatis...
Let's begin the recipe details for this simple carrot fry recipe without using any coconut ...
How to make carrot fry without coconut:
Carrot Fry Recipe Without Coconut Andhra Style For Chapati
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp chana dal
- ½ tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 medium sized onion finely sliced
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves for garnishing
- In a non stick fry pan, add oil and heat it.
- Into it add chana dal, urad dal and saute for few seconds.
- Into it add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add curry leaves mix and saute.
- Add finely sliced onions and cook till they turn soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute to get rid of raw smell.
- Add in thinly sliced carrots and mix everything well.
- Cook on low flame by covering the lid for 10-15 minutes while stirring in between or until carrots become soft.
- Add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted coriander seeds powder and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapathi...
2.Never try out stir fries in non stick pans...
Have any query regarding this recipe? Drop your comments below and I would be glad enough to help you with the queries and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like our recipes...