Chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker is the most sought after cake recipe in all the cake recipes. Most of them do not have an oven or a microwave and this cake can be made as good as a cake made in oven.
Chocolate cake in cooker turns out very soft and spongy and the procedure is very easy and the results are absolutely amazing…
We often make cakes in oven but we all do not know how to operate an oven or do not have any oven and these cake recipes are for those who would like to try out the cake recipes in cooker rather than an oven or a microwave.
Do try other sweets or desserts from the blog like suji ka halwa, moong dal halwa, shrikhand, fruit custard etc…which have been tried and tested and also have been shared with video procedure showing step by step method…
I have already shared how to make plain vanilla sponge cake in cooker and today would be sharing chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker which has turned out soft and spongy.
It needs a basic cake tin made in alluminium and I have greased the pan with butter and floured the pan with maida.
Greasing and flouring helps in extracting the cake from the pan easily. Cake comes out easily from the pan.
When we are using an alluminium tin, these two steps that are greasing and flouring are very necessary to get a perfect cake.
Chocolate cake needs basic ingredients like maida, sugar, eggs, baking powder and vanilla extract and the main ingredient for a chocolate cake is cocoa powder.
Adding few spoons of cocoa powder gives us an amazing color and adding too much of cocoa powder makes the cake bitter. Be careful while adding cocoa powder.
This cake is made using egg and shall be sharing an eggless chocolate cake in a pressure cooker too shortly.
Below are the recipe details on how to make chocolate cake in pressure cooker and without oven.
Video procedure for chocolate cake without oven in pressure cooker:
Chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker:
chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker, how to make chocolate cake without oven
For making cake batter:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar powder the sugar in a blender
- 1 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
For greasing and flouring:
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp maida/all purpose flour
other ingredients required:
- a pressure cooker
- a cake pan
- sand to spread at the bottom of the cooker
Greasing and flouring the pan:
- In a cake pan, add butter and grease it on all sides, add maida and spread it in such a way that it is coated well on all sides.
Preheating the pressure cooker:
- Take a pressure cooker, at the bottom of the cooker, add sand and spread it evenly.
- Cover the lid and pre heat the cooker for about 10 minutes on low flame and start preparing the cake batter.
Making the chocolate cake batter and baking:
- In a bowl, add eggs and whisk it well.
- Into it, add powdered sugar and beat it well.
- Add maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Add oil, vanilla extract and mix the batter well.
- Add milk and mix the whole batter without any lumps.
- Take the greased pan, into it pour the cake batter.
- Tap the cake tin to remove air bubbles.
- Remove the cooker lid.
- Place the cake pan carefully and close the lid.
- Do not put on the whistle.
- Bake the cake for about 60 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the lid and check the cake with a tester like knife/tooth pick/skewer by inserting any of these into the baked cake.
- If the tooth pick comes out clean, cake is baked completely and if tooth pick does not come out clean bake it for few more minutes.
- If cake is done switch off the flame.
- Remove the cake tin from the cooker.
- Cool it down.
- Run a knife at the sides and edges of the cooker to loosen the cake.
- Invert the pan, pat it well and lift the pan.
- Cake comes out perfectly.
- Cut and serve the cake.
- Chocolate cake which is simple and easy is ready.
2.The only thing to be kept in mind while baking a cake in cooker or a vessel is that the cake pan should not directly touch the cooker bottom.
3.Always keep in mind that there should be some medium between the base of the cooker and cake pan like sand, salt or wire stand and cake pan should be placed over these things to avoid direct contact.
4.Never put on any whistle to the cooker while baking a cake.