Egg pulusu in Andhra style is an authentic traditional recipe made using tamarind gravy called pulusu and added into it are boiled eggs. Egg tamarind gravy is a commonly made egg curry where the gravy is made using onions and tamarind juice. It's a very delicious and simple egg curry if eaten along with hot steamed rice along with some fried boiled eggs.
Related egg recipes which are a must try with egg as the main ingredient are listed below:
In south India egg curries are made in different ways in different regions and every egg curry is unique as different ingredients go into making regional egg curries.
I would love to share regional egg curries too with my blog readers as I keep updating. The taste of this particular egg pulusu is slightly tangy and sweet in flavor because of jaggery/sugar added into it to kill the sour taste.
The tempering too is given with few ingredients and this is an egg curry that can be cooked in a very little time and does not take too many ingredients and yet tastes amazing.
I love to eat egg and also try many various egg recipes and shall be posting the best tried and tested recipes on my blog.
This egg pulusu in andhra style is quite a popular dish in andhra region and best when we make it during cold winter evenings or sundays or during rains and eat along with some fries or paapad.
Eggs if fried and added to this pulusu give a very interesting taste to the whole dish and I usually fry and add eggs rather than the boiled eggs.
The tempering too that is added is very minimum with just some mustard seeds and curry leaves that go into this pulusu.
Below is the recipe to make this yummy egg pulusu which I am sure would be a hit with my blog readers...
Egg Pulusu Recipe Andhra | Kodi Guddu Pulusu
- 4-5 boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 medium size onions finely chopped
- 3-4 vertically slit green chillies/chopped
- 7-8 curry leaves
- salt - as per taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ turmeric powder haldi
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander leaves
- small lemon size tamarind juice extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar/jaggery
Fry the eggs:
- In a sauce pan, add a teaspoon of oil, add salt and turmeric powder into it, add eggs and fry them for few minutes on all sides and rest them aside.
For the pulusu:
- Firstly, in a cooking vessel, add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Into it, add finely chopped onions and chopped green chillies.
- Saute until the onions turn soft or transparent for few minutes.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix well and cook for few seconds.
- Add the fried eggs into it.
- Add tamarind extracted juice into it.
- Add sugar/jaggery into it.
- Add coriander leaves and curry leaves into the curry.
- Cook until the pulusu/tamarind gravy comes to a boil.
- Put on low flame and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, fries and eggs...
no Mirch powder And tomato is added? how it came in red color?
mirchi powder is added... red chilli powder is mentioned in the instructions...
Should we little cut the eggs
Yes, giving a slit to the eggs slightly brings taste inside the eggs as well...