Eggless vanilla cake, a simple, soft and spongy plain cake made without oven, no eggs, no butter, just few ingredients and the plain cake is absolutely perfect and cotton soft from inside as well.
Do check several without oven cake dessert recipes on the blog such as chocolate cake in cooker, eggless chocolate cake without oven , vanilla sponge cake , biscuit cake in cooker , eggless vanilla cake etc...
Check out the video procedure too for making this cake and hope my viewers like this version of my recipe.
This is the best plain cake made in a simple manner with minimum ingredients, controlled sweetness and a perfect cake to be served in birthday parties just by decorating it with some whipped cream and crushed chocolate or cherries.
What is vanilla cake eggless?:
It is a simple cake made without eggs but here I have made without oven and it has turned out as perfect and spongy as the cake made in oven.
The cake has got vanilla essence flavor and the sweetness comes out by adding condensed milk and sugar...These ingredients replace the eggs and give a very good texture to the cake.
To make a good consistency batter milk is mixed and the batter is baked to perfection.
Making cake without oven or oven? Which is easy?
Cake process remains the same until it is baked. The most important part in making a cake is making the batter and then baking it. If these two things are done right then cake never comes out badly.
- Firstly, when the ingredients for the cake batter are mixed well, the batter has to be blended well without any lumps and the batter consistency should not be too thin if baking without oven.
- If the cake batter consistency is moderate and slightly thick then the chances of the cake not breaking are 100%.
- The essential thing while baking without oven is to take an aluminium vessel or a wok or a cooker and then place an obstacle like sand, salt or steel stand at the base of the vessel in order to avoid direct contact of the cake pan and base of the vessel.
- If there is no obstacle placed at the base, the cake pan burns and the cake too burns if the cake pan comes in direct contact with the vessel.
- Do not use any steel vessel to bake the cake. If not any utensil pressure cooker too can be used to bake it.
- Baking for 50-60 minutes on low flame bakes the cake well and turns out as we wish for.
Baking the cake in otg or in a microwave is easy too. Just pre heating the oven at 180 degress celsius for 10 minutes and then baking the cake for 40-45 minutes at 180 degrees celsius gives out a perfect cake. If the batter still sticks to the knife or a tooth pick after inserting then bake for 5 more minutes and it is done.
Essential things to bake without oven:
- We need aluminium vessel, a cooker or a wok.
- If aluminium utensil is not available then a non stick wok or vessels too work.
- A beater to mix the batter and one does not need high end electric whiskers to mix the batter.
- We do not need eggs as this is an eggless vanilla cake.
- A cake pan is needed of small or medium size.
- Salt or sand can be used as the base to prevent the cake pan from burning.
- A tooth pick or knife to check if cake is baked or not.
- Whipping cream is optional, if it is handy just beat it well with a beater and apply all over the cake.
Various kinds of cakes:
As we all are aware of the number of various cakes that are easily available. We have plain cakes, sponge cakes, plum cakes, vanilla cakes, chocolate cakes, butter scotch cakes, pine apple cakes and the list is just endless.
The main look of the cake is decoration and if it is decorated well, it looks just perfect for cake cutting in birthdays or any special occasions.
This can be made in 5-6 ways and here I am showing one of the methods using condensed milk and is made without butter, eggs and still the cake is absolutely tasty and yummy.
Here I have used milk to mix the batter and some use curd to mix the batter and still the cake comes out well.
Once we learn the art of baking it is as easy as cooking normal food.
Below are the recipe details on how to make eggless vanilla cake which is a plain vanilla sponge cake without oven or cooker.
Eggless vanilla cake recipe card below:
eggless vanilla cake recipe, plain cake recipe | without oven
To make the cake batter:
- 1 cup condensed milk/ milkmaid
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup maida/ all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
To flour and oil the cake pan:
- 1 teaspoon oil or butter to brush the pan
- 1 teaspoon maida/ all purpose flour to flour the pan
- flat aluminium utensil or vessel / a cooker
Step 1(Greasing the cake pan):
- Firstly, take a cake pan of medium size.
- Brush oil all over the cake pan.
- Take a teaspoon of flour and spread all over the cake pan and dust off the excess flour.
- Place a butter paper at the base of the pan and this is optional.
- Using butter paper ensures cake to come out without breaking.
Step 2 ( Pre heating the vessel):
- Place the vessel on the gas stove, add some salt or sand all over the base.
- Pre heat the vessel on low flame for about 10 minutes.
Step 3 (Making cake batter):
- Take a mixing bowl, add condensed milk, add oil and mix/whisk well with a beater.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until there are no lumps formed.
- Beat the mixture well.
- Take a sieve, add all purpose flour that is maida and baking powder.
- Sieve both the ingredients into the batter.
- Mix them well.
- Add milk gradually, mix them and keep adding milk and keep mixing until the batter turns perfect.
- The batter consistency should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Keep mixing the batter with the help of a beater or a whisker until we get a ribbon like consistency to the batter.
- When the batter is dropped from a height it should form like ribbons and this indicates the batter has the right consistency.
- Add vanilla essence into the cake batter and mix well.
- Before pouring into the cake pan, mix the batter well.
- Take the greased cake pan, pour the cake batter from the centre of the pan and tap the cake pan slightly to remove air bubbles.
Baking of the cake:
- Place a wire stand into the pre heated vessel.
- Place the cake pan on the stand.
- Cover the lid of the vessel.
- Bake the cake on low flame for 50-60 minutes.
- Check the baked cake with a knife or a tooth pick.
- If the batter sticks to the tooth pick or a knife when inserted, bake the cake for few minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the flame once the cake is baked.
- Take the cake out with the help of a holder or a cloth.
- Cool the cake pan.
- Loosen all the edges of the pan with a knife.
- Turn the cake pan upside down.
- Pat it slightly.
- Lift the cake pan carefully.
- Remove the butter paper attached to the cake.
- Cake is done and it turns soft and spongy.
- Check out the video as well.
- Just follow the same procedure of adding salt or sand at the base and pre heat the cooker without lid, then place a wire stand and place the cake pan on it.
- Second step is to cover the pressure cooker lid and remove the whistle. Never put a whistle while baking cake in cooker.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes on simmer and then check the cake after 50 to 60 minutes.
- The only thing to make sure is not to use whistle or just cover a plain lid and bake instead of the cooker lid.
Cut the cake into two halves, apply some sugar syrup on the top of both the halves. Apply cream on both the halves and then top it up completely with cream and serve.
Hope you enjoyed this cake as much as I loved making it... If you tried the cake then do give us your feedback in the comment section below and also leave your queries and we get back to you soon....Enjoy!!!