Hyderabadi Egg Biryani is an authentic dum biryani recipe in hyderabadi style made using eggs. Biryani is a special rice delicacy in India and it is mostly popular in Hyderabad.
Hyderabad is famous for biryani be it mutton biryani or chicken biryani but today I would love to share the egg version of it in traditional Hyderabadi style.
Also do try other egg recipes or anda recipes listed below:
Biryani recipes are hugely popular all across India and amongst them hyderabadi biryani recipes are highly popular all over India. Making biryani in hyderabadi method is what all prefer across India even though there are various versions of making biryanis.
This egg dum biryani in dum method is a very easy method of making biryani. Hyderabadi egg biryani is a very delicious rice dish and it can be accompanied with any side dish be it a vegetarian side dish or a non vegetarian side dish or it can be eaten plain.
If we love to make various recipes with eggs and innovate different recipes with eggs then this egg biryani is a must try recipe as I have shared a very easy and awesome recipe with boiled eggs.
In this recipe I have used deep fried onions and yogurt to make the marinade as this is hyderabadi version of egg biryani and egg biryani can be made in other variations too.
This egg dum biryani hyderabadi is so simple and does not require practice too. Just following the proper instructions of marination and putting on dum for few minutes gives us a perfectly long grain hyderabadi biryani.
The best accompaniments for this particular biryani recipe can be chicken 65 or chicken fry or chicken roast in non veg varieties and in veg side dishes accompany it with some paneer curries and enjoy this delicious hyderabadi egg biryani with various number of veg or non veg side dishes.
How to make hyderabadi egg biryani recipe in dum method or egg dum biryani recipe below:
- 4 eggs boiled and peeled
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- a pinch of black pepper corn powder
- 2 cardamoms powdered
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 3-4 slit green chillies
- 1 cup yogurt(approx...150 ml)
- 4-5 medium size onions, sliced and deep fried
- ½ tsp lemon extracted juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 cups/500 gms basmati rice(soak for 30 minutes before cooking)
- 1 cardamom(elaichi)
- 1 small piece of cinnamon stick(dalchini)
- 1-2 cloves(loung)
- 1 bay leaf(tej patta)
- ½ tsp shahi zeera(caraway seeds)
- 2 black pepper corns
- salt - to taste
- water for boiling rice(approx... 2 glasses)
- 1 tbsp deep fried onions
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 saffron strands infused in 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small size lemon extracted juice
- Firstly, take a bowl, into it, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder.
- Make a paste of mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chillies all together by adding a pinch of salt into those ingredients and add this paste into the marinade.
- Add beaten yogurt into the marinade.
- Crush the deep fried onions finely and add into the marinade mixture.
- Add black pepper corn powder and cardamom powder.
- Mix the whole mixture well.
- Add some oil and lemon extracted juice into it.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add peeled boiled eggs into the marinade and carefully mix everything.
- Rest this marinade aside for 30 minutes.
- In a cooking pot, add water, add salt as per taste.
- Add whole spices such as cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, caraway seeds, bay leaf, black pepper corns.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the soaked rice into it and cook it until ¾ th done(approx...80% done).
- Strain the rice and keep aside.
- In a flat bottom vessel, grease the bottom with some oil.
- Add the egg marinade carefully at the base of the vessel.
- Over the marinade add ¾th cooked rice all over.
- Spread the rice evenly.
- Garnish it with mint leaves, coriander leaves, deep fried onions.
- Add ghee all over the rice.
- Add some oil all over the rice.
- Add saffron infused milk all over and sprinkle lemon extract all over the rice.
- Cover the lid tightly.
- Switch on the stove.
- Place the tawa on the stove.
- Place the vessel over the tawa/gridle.
- Dum the biryani on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Put on sim flame and dum for 15-20 minutes.
- Egg dum biryani is ready to be served!!!