Egg Bhurji is another egg recipe which is also called one way of scrambled eggs recipe where the eggs are scrambled and cooked in masala. This recipe is also called anda bhurji in most parts of India and every place has a different variation to the recipe here and there.
About the recipe
Bhurji is basically a term used when we scramble the eggs or any veggies that is completely scrambled in the dish and here this bhurji is made using the complete egg that is using both the white and egg parts of the egg....
First the onions are cooked until translucent and then the eggs are added and scrambled which makes an amazing egg side dish for roti or phulka or parotta.
The bhurji is quite common in north indian regions and also across india where we find these kind of recipes on the streets as street food. Eating hot hot egg bhurji with bread or as a roti roll gives an amazing experience...
Related egg recipes to try out on the blog:
This egg porutu recipe is fast and quick in making and can be made with few ingredients like chopped onions and chopped tomatoes.
The scrambled eggs can be made in variety of ways and this recipe is the most common method of making in indian regions.
The bhurji makes a quick breakfast with few spices and good for kids too. I just love to write down recipes that have egg in it and serve it to my blog readers and get their feedback...
Below is the basic egg bhurji recipe where egg is beaten and mixed with onions and tomatoes with spices to make this yummy dish...
The bhurji can be stuffed between sandwich pieces of bread and eaten and also can be used as a filling inside the roti roll.
Egg Bhurji Recipe, Anda Bhurji Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium size onions finely chopped finely chopped small cubes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chillies
- 1 medium size tomato finely chopped finely chopped small cubes
- salt - to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take an iron skillet or a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Add finely chopped onions into it, add finely chopped green chillies, mix and saute for few minutes.
- Add salt and keep stirring the onions for them to get soft and very slight golden color.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, mix, saute and cook for few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add salt according to taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and beat the egg mixture well.
- Add the beaten eggs to the cooking onion tomato mixture.
- Mix the egg mixture finely with the onion tomato mixture.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on sim flame or until eggs are done.
- Serve hot with sandwich bread or roti filling...
Your recipe is wonderful and I would really like to try it! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great day.
Come Back Soon!
Very nice. Easy to make . Thanks for sharing