Mutton fry is a delicious snack or a side dish recipe made using boneless mutton pieces and is a common mutton dish in hyderabad…
I have also shared a video procedure for this recipe to understand it in a more better way.
Other mutton recipes to try are listed below:
- hyderabadi style mutton biryani
- mutton korma
- mutton biryani recipe indian style
- haleem with mutton
- mutton gravy
- mutton rogan josh
- mutton curry
It can be made with many variations and here I have shared one of the many ways of making this tala hua gosht.
Gosht or mutton is shallow fried or sauteed in oil until it gets golden brown color…The fried mutton tastes crisp and it is a perfect snack item or it can be served with dal recipes.
In hyderabad it is often eaten along with dalcha or khatti dal or palak dal etc.. It is a simple yet tasty starter recipe made with very few ingredients and one of the easy mutton dishes shared so far on my blog.
The mutton pieces are tenderized in pressure cooker and fried in oil with some spices. They can be eaten plain as a snack item or as a starter.
One main important point to be remembered while making mutton in pressure cooker is do not over cook the meat as the meat undergoes a second step that is stir frying it in oil.
If the mutton gets overcooked then the mutton completely shreds while frying and do remember not to over cook it while pressure cooking.
There are lots of mutton recipes shared on my blog which are basically in the form of curry, gravy or added into rice. This is the first time a dry fry mutton recipe is shared for my blog readers and is a wonderful hyderabadi delicacy.
This dish is best if made with boneless mutton pieces.
Below are the recipe details shared on how to make this yummy mutton stir fry.
Video procedure for mutton fry or tala hua gosht:
How to make mutton fry recipe:
mutton fry recipe hyderabadi | how to make mutton fry
To tenderize the mutton:
- 250 gms boneless mutton cleaned and washed well
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 glass of water
To fry the mutton:
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
Step 1(Pressure cook the mutton):
- In a pressure cooker, add mutton pieces, add salt as per taste.
- Add ginger garlic paste, add water and mix up well.
- Pressure cook the mutton until it gets tender.
- Reduce the steam.
- If there is any water remaining in the pressure cooked mutton, evaporate the excess water by keeping the cooker lid uncovered and cooking on low to medium flame.
- Take the mutton pieces in a bowl.
Step 2 (Frying the mutton):
- In a pan, add oil and heat it.
- Into it add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes until raw smell disappears.
- Into it, add boiled mutton pieces and saute until they turn golden brown color.
- Add red chilli powder, mix well and saute for about five minutes on low flame.
- Mutton fry is ready.
- Sprinkle lemon juice all over the mutton and serve.
2.If a softer mutton piece is preferred, then saute only for few minutes after adding red chilli powder.
3.If preferred additional spices such as turmeric powder, garam masala powder too can be added while shallow frying.