Mutton Liver fry is fried in very less amount of spices mainly pepper and liver is one of the best portions of the lamb.
Lamb parts are basically used to make many recipes and one such recipe is mutton chops where the meat chops are cooked in various ways.
Liver is a very soft portion of goat/lamb and is a common made curry in every muslim household. We often make kaleji gurde ka salan or kaleji masala as a side dish to chapathi in breakfast and is also a useful recipe to be made during festivals like bakrid.
This recipe is quite simple but it’s yummy and delicious that one cannot resist to have more of it. It goes well with both roti and rice.
It is also a healthy dish as lamb liver is very good for health and mutton liver benefits are plenty such as lamb liver is high in Vitamin A and includes ingestion of good quality protein.. It is good for increasing haemoglobin levels in blood and many more.
We usually refer to mutton liver recipe in Hyderabad as kaleji ka salan and hope this recipe of mine is liked by my readers…
Mutton Liver is very soft in texture and slippery but this portion of the lamb is one of my favorites as it is healthy too. Making mutton liver fry mainly with pepper fry gives the best flavor . It can also be used to make liver curry.
If one does not like to pressure cook, then liver can also be made in a handi or a vessel and slow cooked for about 25 to 30 minutes without pressure cooking. It gives a good gravy if slow cooked by covering the lid on low flame.
This is just one of the various ways kaleji can be made and shall try to post various curry recipes or gravy recipes that can be made with mutton liver.
Kaleji is a good source of iron and is very good for health and this does not take much time to cook… We can just boil the mutton liver and fry in some basic spices and have it as kaleji fry which tastes really good and easy to make recipe.
One can stir fry the liver but, I feel doing so does not help the liver in cooking from inside and therefore, in this recipe I have pressure cooked the liver with spices.
I have now shared and updated this recipe with a video method as well and hope my top blog post is loved by all my viewers with the video recipe.
Video procedure for mutton liver pepper fry:
How To Make Mutton Liver Fry Recipe Below:
Mutton Liver Fry Recipe
- 250 gms mutton liver washed well
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder/kali mirch powder
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and heat it.
- Add sliced onions and cook the onions until they turn slight brown in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute few minutes to get rid of raw smell.
- Add mutton liver into it and roast it well until color is changed.
- Add salt as per taste, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cook the masala gravy until oil starts leaving the sides.
- Add little water and pressure cook for about 3-4 whistles.
- Switch off the flame.
- Reduce the steam and remove the pressure cooker lid.
- Add garam masala powder, add black pepper powder and coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Switch on the flame.
- Cook on sim flame for about 4-5 minutes.
- If there is any water remaining cook for some more time until water is absorbed.
- Mutton liver fry is ready.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
2.Adding too much of water while pressure cooking does not give the fried flavor and hence make sure little water is added.