Oats upma recipe is a healthy breakfast idea to have oats in our daily diet. Oats can be used to make upma and various other recipes which can be used to have in breakfasts. Check out other oats recipes and other healthy recipes which can be used for breakfast or for weight loss purposes such as oats chilla, oats dosa, rava dosa, rava uttapam, rava kichadi etc...
Oats is a miracle ingredient for those who are health conscious and also who are looking forward to losing weight by having oats in any form in daily diet.
Oats is one such cereal which can be used to make healthy recipes and also it gives good results if included daily for breakfast.
Oats is good for reducing cholesterol levels in our body and reduces fat to a larger extent if oats is made as our regular diet.
Oats is not only used to make porridge, but it can also be used to make upma, oats dosa, oats idli, oats chilla, oats uttapam etc...
In my experience, oats is really amazing as our daily diet and it is better to have it atleast once a day to have a healthy diet such as any of the oats recipe.
It is very light to our body, it feels filling to our stomach and a cup of oats is good for a daily diet.
Oats making is very quick and it can be made in a couple of minutes. Oats recipes can be made instantly and this cereal is best to have when much of grocery is not available at home.
Oats are completely low in fat and a great fat cutter if one is wanting to loose weight fast and quickly.
I would like to post some of the oats recipes on my blog that can be made instantly and which are too easy and also recipes which really work wonders for our good health and for fat loss as well.
Oats upma is similar to the regular upma we make using rava/sooji. Here, we make oats upma by giving tempering and then adding oats to the tempering and cooking oats for few minutes by adding little water.
Oats are slightly dry roasted before adding into the upma and once added they cook faster than any other cereal.
Oats require 3-4 minutes to cook and the fastest way to have oats is by making porridge oats and then adding some honey and dry fruits and relishing it which I shall be posting in my next oats recipes.
Oats are easily available in markets and to make quick oats recipes, we make use of instant oats.
Check out the detailed recipe below along with the video.
Oats upma video procedure:
How to make oats upma:
oats upma recipe, oats for breakfast
- ¾ cup instant oats
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal/bengal gram
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1 onion finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
Dry roasting the oats:
- Firstly, take a pan and heat it.
- Add instant oats and dry roast it for a minute or two on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and place them aside for later use.
Making of oats upma:
- Take a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them pop up.
- Add chana dal/bengal gram and saute for few seconds
- Add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions, mix well.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add dry roasted oats, mix well.
- Add one and a half cups of water and stir well.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook the oats upma for 2-3 minutes or until the water gets absorbed.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve the oats upma hot.