Rice Pakora is usually made using left over rice and it is a wonderful snack item made with besan/chick pea flour and rice.
The rice that we use to make this snack could be a left over rice or we can freshly cook the rice to make these rice vadas. They are easy, simple in making and also helps in making use of the rice which has been unused.
The rice pakoras which I made here are like small biscuit shaped tikkis but we can also make small dumplings of the rice vada batter and deep fry them.
These are deep fried snack recipes perfect for evenings and can be eaten as an evening snack along with a hot cup of tea…They are crunchy to taste and have a rough texture outside and that gives a crunchy bite as rice naturally gives a crunchy and crisp flavor…
Instead of discarding the left over making use of the chawal to make its pakodey is a really amazing idea…
The batter to the pakodas can be made in various ways and here I have used some besan and chawal along with some spices and herbs to bring out the flavors from the pakodas….
Pakoda or fritters are too popular in India and all the states of India do try to make these pakoda or bajji recipes with many vegetables and with special ingredients…
There are so many different kinds of pakoras available and this rice pakora is one among them…
I love to update other pakora recipes too as its rainy thats nearing and we all would love to make them as an evening snack. These rice vadas can be served with any kind of chutney or dip or just plain followed by tea…
Below picture is of the rice pakoda batter and I have shot the pic to show the consistency of the rice vada batter and also the ingredients that have gone into making the batter:
Rice here used is cooked and not raw rice…Just use left over rice which is in good state, add besan to it along with spices like salt, haldi, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, ajwain/carom seeds, chopped onions, and herbs like coriander leaves, make small tikki shapes or small pressed dumplings, deep fry them in oil and they are done…
Batter for rice pakora:
How to make rice pakora or rice vada:
Rice Pakora Recipe, Rice Vada
- 2 cups cooked rice/leftover rice
- 5 tbsp besan/chick pea flour
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder dhania powder
- 1 tsp oil
- a pinch of cooking soda
- 1 medium size onions finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
- 2-3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp water to mix the dough
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, in a bowl, add cooked rice/leftover rice, chick pea flour/besan.
- Into it, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, baking soda.
- Also add onions, coriander leaves, 1 tsp oil, carom seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add about 4 tbsp water, keep pressing and mix it to attain the consistency of a thick dough.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Take small portions of the dough, press them, flatten them with hands and drop them in oil.
- Fry the rice pakoda on low to medium flame until they are cooked well on all sides.
- Take them out and place them on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tea or ketchup!!!
2.We can also add additional ingredients like grated carrots, chopped green chillies etc to make it more innovative.
3.We can also add ginger garlic paste to the rice pakoda batter and it really gives a yummy flavor...