Masala Chaas Recipe is a refreshing summer coolant and the most easy and quickest summer drink and the most healthiest chilled drink made using yogurt and fresh herbs.
Other summer drinks or dessert related recipes for summer are nimbu pani, aam panna, kaddu ki kheer, sweet lassi, badam milk, badam milkshake, khubani ka meetha, phirni recipe, carrot juice, chikoo milkshake, lassi recipe, ragi malt, mango lassi etc…
Chaas is a common term for buttermilk and masala chaas is nothing but a spicy buttermilk made using fresh herbs, green chillies and mainly added is black salt.
Chaas is the salted version of yogurt drink but lassi is the sweet version of yogurt drink and here in this masala buttermilk I have added few spicy ingredients in plain chaas and is best coolant for summers.
Normally, we use plain chaas where we churn the curd by adding salt and cumin seeds powder but masala chaas is the spicy version of it.
Indian summer drinks are plenty and can be modified and innovated in many other ways. These drinks are quite refreshing and dahi/yogurt is the best ingredient that should be included in summer and mainly in the form of various buttermilk recipes or lassi recipes.
Summers are incomplete without summer special drinks and today I would love to share this simple drink which is quick in making and can be done in just a couple of minutes.
Lassi recipes and chaas tastes good when they are churned more and more and it gives quite a heavenly feeling after drinking it.
How to make masala chaas recipe:
- 2 cups yogurt/curd
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves/few mint leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves/few coriander leaves
- a pinch of ordinary salt
- 1 tsp black salt/kala namak
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
- 2 cups chilled water
- ice cubes
- Firstly, take a blender, into it, add yogurt.
- Add chopped green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, salt, black salt.
- Also add roasted cumin seeds powder.
- Blend this mixture well.
- Add ice cubes, chilled water and blend well again.
- Take a glass, pour the chaas and serve chilled.