Aam Panna is the most popular Indian drink and summer coolant in North India and in some parts of India like Hyderabad.
It is an Indian summer drink made out of green mangoes or unripe mangoes and is the best tonic like drink which cures many ailments and also best beverage to beat the scorching heat.
Other cool summer drinks or cool desserts one should definitely try out are chaas recipe, badam milk, badam milkshake, sabja seeds recipe, carrot juice , falooda recipe, falooda ice cream, cold coffee, shrikhand, fruit custard, lassi recipe etc…
This summer drink is usually referred to as aam ka abshola or hyderabadi aam ka abshola in the hyderabad region.
Aam Ka Panna has got lots of health benefits and is very easy to make. It just needs few unripe mangoes and some spices to make this drink.
All the spices and the tangy mango gives an amazing and delicious taste to the drink. All we need to make this kairi panna is make the pulp out of the green mangoes and add spices to it and serve chilled.
In India, summers are incomplete without mangoes and this fruit has so many benefits that through out the summer season mangoes can be tried to make various recipes using ripe mangoes or green mangoes.
I am very excited to share mango recipes with my readers and awaiting to receive feedback too from my readers…
Kairi panna is the best summer drink rather than drinking those aerated drinks which are unhealthy to our body.
Benefits of aam panna :
1.It has lots of heat resistant properties and is best to drink during intense heat.
2.It also helps in bringing back the lost salts due to sweating.
3.It is rich in iron and vitamin C and best to consume if anaemic.
4.It is so healing for the stomach and it keeps our tummy cool if consumed during scorching heat.
5.It works best for indigestion and gastrointestinal disorders.
6.It prevents diarrhea which is quite common in summers due to the intense heat.
How to make aam panna recipe below:
- 3 medium size raw mangoes/green mangoes
- 3-4 tbsp sugar/powdered sugar
- ½ tsp common salt
- ½ tsp black salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 5-6 mint leaves crushed/paste
- ¼ tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
- Ice cubes
- 2 glasses chilled water
- Firstly, take a pressure cooker, into it add the mangoes, add enough water and pressure cook them for 5-6 whistles.
- Remove the steam and cool down the cooked mangoes completely.
- Peel the mangoes and extract the soft pulp out of it.
- Add the pulp into a jar.
- Add powdered sugar into it(add more if the mangoes are too tangy) and stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add common salt and black salt into it and stir well.
- Add black pepper powder and roasted cumin seeds powder and mix well.
- Add crushed mint leaves or mint leaves paste into it.
- Mix the whole drink well.
- Into it add some ice cubes.
- Add chilled water and mix everything well.
- Pour this aam panna into the glasses.
- Serve chilled by adding ice cubes.
2.If the drink is not chilled then refrigerate the aam panna for few hours, chill it, serve it and drink it.
3.It gives best results when served chilled with ice cubes.
Have you tried this recipe? If yes, leave your comments below on how it turned out and also don’t forget to leave your suggestions on this recipe…