Aloo Capsicum Recipe is a side dish curry recipe made using potatoes(aloo) and green capsicum(shimla mirch). This aloo shimla mirch recipe is an awesome vegetarian recipe that goes well with rotis.
In this recipe I have made the dish just by using onions but, one can also add tomatoes too to make aloo capsicum. It is a very simple everyday breakfast side dish for roti.
It is basically a stir fried dish which is the best way to combine these two veggies than making a curry as making this stir fried way tastes much better than making it in the form of gravy or curry.
Capsicum and aloo can be combined in many ways with other veggies such as capsicumor bell peppers are used in many dishes such as fried rice recipes, while making kababs and also potato is combined along with many veggies such as aloo matar, aloo baingan etc...
Aloo capsicum can also be eaten with rice too and this recipe using aloo and shimla mirch/potato shimla mirch can be tried with many variations. This side dish goes great with parathas too.
Shimla mirch aka capsicum is a wonderful vegetable which can be used to make various kinds of recipes and I shall be glad to introduce different shimla mirch recipes as I continue blogging.
Shimla mirch and aloo are vegetabes which can be used both with veg dishes and also to make non veg recipes. The combination of these vegetables in any dish turns out really yummy.
Aloo capsicum here is a simple, easy and plain dish made using few ingredients and yet a tasty one. I have cut the veggies into thin long slices but one can even roughly chop them.
There is no gravy in the recipe and can easily go with roti or paratha recipes.
Let us check out the recipe details on how to make aloo shimla mirch below...
Aloo Capsicum Recipe or Aloo Shimla Mirch
- 3 medium size potatoes aloo sliced into thin long slices
- 2 green capsicum shimla mirch cut into long slices
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium size onions finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds zeera/jeera
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- salt - to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup water
- Firstly, take a cooking vessel, into it add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add chopped onions and saute until they get soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Into it add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cook the masala for few seconds.
- Add sliced potatoes into it and saute for few minutes.
- Add capsicum slices and mix well.
- Roast the vegetable mix for two to three minutes on low flame.
- Add little water and cook until the aloo and shimla mirch get cooked or pressure cook for two whistles.
- Cook for few minutes by keeping the lid uncovered if there is any water remaining.
- Add some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve with roti or paratha.