Bendakaya Fry recipe is a simple and quick veg stir fry recipe made with okra/bhindi and this particular bendakaya vepudu is done in south indian style.
Related veg stir fry recipes:
Different regions across India stir fry the veggies in different way like some use quite a few ingredients and some use various spices while frying okra.
This fry recipe is a perfect side dish along with dal recipes like palak dal, hyderabadi khatti dal, pappu charu, tomato pappu , masoor dal, mango dal etc… It is served in south indian meal platters and is also the most preferred side dish as veg stir fry in all the veggies….
This ladies finger or bhindi fry is made using few spices and few ingredients and the outcome of this recipe is perfect and delicious and the bhindi is stir fried perfectly.
Andhra style bendakaya/okra/bhindi is stir fried by adding curry leaves here which gives a good taste to the whole dish.
There are few points to be noted while making bhindi fry such as they should be washed well before cutting and then need to be wiped dry without any moist content on the outer part of the bhindi.
Bendakaya is very sticky and it should never be washed after cutting. Wash it before cutting and it is very important to chop them only when the bendakaya gets dry.
If cut immediately after washing the dish turns our sticky and threads appear while cooking.
Bendakaya fry in this post is done using sliced onions, curry leaves which gives a good flavor to the bhindi fry and also gives a good aroma due to the added ingredients and also due to the spices added into it.
How to make bendakaya fry recipe:
Bendakaya Fry Recipe Andhra Style, Bendakaya Vepudu
- 750 gms bendakaya/okra/bhindi
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/zeera
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 medium size onions finely sliced
- salt - as per taste
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Firstly, wash okra well under water, wipe every okra until it is dry and cut them into round pieces.
- Take a wok , add oil into it and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Add curry leaves into it and let them crackle.
- Add sliced onions into it and saute until they turn soft.
- Add the okra/bendakaya pieces into it and stir on high flame for few minutes.
- Reduce the flame to sim, cook the bhindi and stir/toss the bhindi for every 3-4 minutes until the bhindi changes its color.
- Add salt and mix/toss well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on sim flame and keep tossing in between.
- When the bhindi gets soft, add roasted coriander seeds powder into it and mix well.
- Cook again for 2-3 minutes and stir.
- Lastly, add red chilli powder into it, toss/mix well and cook for a minute or two.
- Bendakaya vepudu is ready to be served.
Video procedure to help understand the stir fry fry recipe perfectly: