Cauliflower fry is a delicious fry made using cauliflower florets. Gobi fry here is a dry fry version of gobi suitable to be eaten with roti or paratha.
Gobi stir fry is a dry dish and gobi fry can be made in many ways and here I have shown the simplest way of stir frying made with few spices.
Some tend to deep fry the gobi and some stir fry it and both versions of gobi fry taste yum.
Using few spices makes stir fries very tasty and they appear to be simple. I usually prefer to add spices which are very basic and they bring out an amazing taste into the dish.
One must always consider cleaning of the cauliflower as an important point as it contains insects and worms. There are a few points to be noted while cleaning the gobi to make gobi fry.
The gobi should always be cut into florets and checked to see if there are any worms or insects attached to it. If there are any remove them with knife.
Take the florets and blanch them in water for few minutes and strain the florets to remove the water present in them. Make sure the florets are water free so that gobi can be fried properly.
In order to avoid all the cleaning procedure the gobi selection while buying should be done perfectly. We should buy a fresh gobi where all the florets are tight and not appear to be loose. If the florets are appearing to be loose then, it is not a fresh gobi.
Below are the recipe details for gobi fry or cauliflower fry and also a video procedure is shown for a clear explanation and with step by step details.
Watch the video procedure for making cauliflower fry:
Cauliflower fry recipe:
cauliflower fry recipe | gobi stir fry dry recipe |
- 1 cauliflower/gobi cut into florets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 5-6 curry leaves
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- Firstly, blanch the cauliflower florets in water for few minutes to get rid of tiny worms, insects and to remove the dirt.
- Take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add finely chopped onion into it.
- Add curry leaves, mix and saute for few minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and mix well.
- Cook the gobi for 10 -15 minutes by stirring in between.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes on medium to low flame until it is cooked well.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Gobi fry is ready to be served with roti.