Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe is a mouth-watering and scrumptious roll made using the chicken filling and wrapped using a delicious roti. I have used onions, tomatoes, green capsicum and chicken boneless to make the filling and other bell peppers such as yellow and red too can be used to make the filling.
I like making chicken Kathi roll along with other rolls like kathi roll with egg which has egg filling inside it.
Chicken rolls can be made in various ways and the stuffings using chicken too can be made in different ways and here I have used few veggies and chicken and also tomato ketchup to give a perfect taste to the roll.
These rolls can be filling and good to have them for parties or any gatherings with friends. These lovely chicken kathi rolls are rolled using a roti which tastes awesome as it is made using egg and maida(all purpose flour) and gives a perfect taste for the chicken stuffing.
I have already posted egg kathi roll and shall be glad to post few other rolls which can be used even during the month of ramadan as ramadan recipes.
These are quite filling and juicy because of tomato ketchup. The bite of the chicken tastes good as we add ketchup to it. Every ingredient added gives its own taste and flavour and finally giving a mouth-watering feel to the chicken Kathi roll.
These rolls can be simply wrapped or they can be rolled and cut into small pieces and eaten. Rolls are quite popular in India and can be eaten any time of the day mainly for lunch or evenings or during fun gatherings.
Below would be the detailed recipe on how to make kathi roll using chicken filling.
Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe Indian
For The Roti:
- 2 cups all purpose flour maida
- salt - to taste
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup water approx... to knead the dough
- 1 tablespoon oil/butter
For The Chicken Stuffing:
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 200 gms of chicken finely shredded or cut into small pieces
- 3 medium size onions finely shredded
- 3 medium size tomatoes finely shredded(do not use the pulp inside it)
- 3 medium size green capsicum shredded
- salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 tablespoon tomato ketchup
For boiling chicken:
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker, add shredded chicken, some salt, a glass of water and boil the chicken until 2-3 whistles.
- Reduce the steam and take the boiled chicken pieces out and set aside for later use.
For the chicken stuffing/filling:
- Take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add sliced onions and saute for few minutes.
- Add shredded capsicum and shredded tomatoes into it.
- Add the boiled shredded chicken into it, mix well.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder into it and mix well.
- Cook the chicken mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss the mixture well.
- Finally, add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and toss well.
- Rest it aside for later use.
For the roti roll dough and to make roti:
- Firstly, take a bowl, into it, add all purpose flour, salt and mix well.
- Add a tablespoon of beaten egg into it and give a nice mix.
- Add water as required and knead the flour into a soft dough.
- Rest it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a portion of the dough.
- Make a round ball.
- Dust some flour on the rolling board.
- Place the round ball and roll it into a circular shape as a chapathi.
- Heat the gridle/tawa.
- Place the chapathi onto the tawa.
- Cook for few seconds.
- Flip the roti and apply butter.
- Cook the other side too for few seconds.
- Flip it again.
- Add butter/oil all over the roti.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoon of the egg mixture all over the roti.
- Flip the roti and cook the egg spread well.
- Cook the roti well on both sides.
- Place the roti on a plate with the egg spread side of roti on top.
- Take 3-4 tablespoon of chicken stuffing and place it at the centre side of the roti.
- Add shredded capsicum, shredded tomatoes and tomato ketchup over the filling.
- Roll the roti from both the ends.
- Cover the roll with a foil or a tissue paper and serve.
- Serve it with any chutney dip or ketchup.