Chow mein recipe is a veg hakka noodles recipe made using instant ready made masala by adding the masala in sauteed vegetables and boiled veg hakka noodles. This is a quick chow mein made using ching's secret masala and do check out other recipes such as ching's chicken 65...
This is another quick indo chinese recipe made using a secret masala that is ching's secret veg hakka noodles without adding salt, spices or any sauces into the noodles recipe.
Making of this recipe hardly takes 10 minutes and it is a good snack or breakfast recipe for the kids.
It tastes good when its hot and also tastes best when served with any manchurian gravy or any chutney or sauce like schezwan sauce or schezwan chutney.
There are many kind of noodles available in Ching's brand and all the grocery stores sell their products and making noodles is not a big task if noodles are easily available and handy.
There are many kind of noodles and they can be made in many various ways like egg noodles, veg noodles, hakka noodles, chicken noodles, schezwan noodles etc...
Generally speaking chow mein recipe takes in ingredients like oyster sauce and soy sauce but here, the ready made masala has all the ingredients readily available in the masala which gives almost the same flavor as obtained by using the sauces.
The masala makes our work easy and one does not need to use too many ingredients and just adding the masala to the boiled noodles makes our work easier and it can be made in just few minutes by using veggies that are easily available in every kitchen.
Below are the recipe details on how to make simple and easy chow mein using vegetables and hakka noodles.
Video procedure for chow mein recipe:
How to make chow mein recipe:
chow mein recipe, chings noodles recipe
Boiling of the noodles:
- 20 cups of water
- 2 packets of ching's secret veg hakka noodles
- 2 tsp oil
Making of chow mein recipe:
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 cup julienned cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned green capsicum
- 1 cup julienned onions
- 1 packet of ching's chowmein hakka noodles masala
- 2 tbsp water
- chopped spring onions for garnishing
Boiling the hakka noodles:
- Take a wok, add about 20 cups of water, boil the water until it bubbles.
- Add 2 packets of Ching's secret veg hakka noodles.
- Boil the noodles for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the noodles out.
- Strain the noodles by draining the water completely.
- Wash the noodles under running water and drain the water.
- Transfer the strained noodles on a flat plate.
- Add about 2 tsp of oil all over the noodles and toss them well.
- This prevents the noodles from sticking to each other.
Making of chow mein:
- Take a wok, add 4 tbsp oil and heat it.
- Add julienned cabbage, julienned carrots, julienned green capsicum, julienned onions, mix and stir fry the vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled hakka noodles to the vegetables.
- Add 1 full packet of ching's secret veg hakka noddles masala.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of water.
- Mix well and stir fry the hakka noodles for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve hot.
2. If the masala added is less spicy then, I would suggest to cut and add one more packet of chings's secret veg hakka noodles masala to make it more spicy.
3. The recipe does not require any extra ingredients other than the masala and the ready made masala has everything in it including salt.